Taipei, the capital city of Taiwan, is a modern metropolis that features incredible Internet speeds, a safe living environment, a vibrant street food scene and now also many friendly coliving spaces. Free Wi-Fi spots scattered through the city as well as lots of cafes and coworking offices set the perfect framework for freelancers who don‘t permanently live there.
Not only can you get groceries 24/7 at one of the famous Night Markets in Shilin or Shida or a convenience store of your liking, but it is also really affordable. The cost of living in Taipei being this low makes it a perfect location for anyone working remotely.
Walking through Taipei, you will notice how Japanese colonial alleys are contrasted by 21st-century skyscrapers. Creative spirits can also get inspired by the C-pop and indie music scene, cosplayers mingled between high-end streetwear, art galleries or nature itself.
Would you like to know more about Taipei?
- Taipei is home to 2.7 million people and located at the northern tip of the island Taiwan.
- If you love nature, you can hike, bike or go to the beach in the areas surrounding Taipei.
- Elephant Mountain provides the best view of the city. Other beautiful spots in nature include Yangminshan National Park, Maokong Mountain, and Kenting Beach.
- Taipei 101 was the tallest building of the world until Burj Khalifa in Dubai took over.
- The National Palace Museum Shilin is a treasure for history-lovers.
- You can eat yourself happy in Taipei. Restaurants in Chinese vintage style or with creative themes all serve delicious food. Enjoy braised pork rice, beef noodles or stinky tofu and don‘t forget to wash it down with some bubble tea!
- Public transport is a hit with MRT and bus stops everywhere. The system is efficient and the stations and vehicles are clean.
Taiwanese people are friendly, kind and helpful, which is priceless when you are new to town and try to find your way around. This makes Taipei the perfect location for a temporary coliving stay.