Coliving Spaces in Lisbon
Lisbon is the capital of Portugal and an excellent short or long-term stay option for digital nomads seeking coliving accommodation. As the gateway to Europe, this affordable location is perfect for remote workers who want to have a temporary home base in Europe while they travel inexpensively to neighboring countries. Lisbon is the westernmost capital of Western Europe, and much of it sits on the River Tagus and the Atlantic Ocean. It’s also the westernmost point of Continental Europe. Lisbon is home to many tech and other industry conferences, and it’s crucial to commerce, finance, entertainment, the arts, education, and tourism. It’s an alpha-level global city, per the GaWC (Globalization and World Cities) Study Group—and you’ll find that there are always opportunities to meet people, network, and learn. Much of Lisbon evokes centuries of tradition mixed with the modern. In recent decades, efforts to modernize have been deliberate, preserving historical locations while making room for new structures, events, and gatherings. If you’re a fan of architecture, there’s something for you here: remote workers love the scenic aspects of Lisbon’s buildings, which include everything from ancient structures to modern complexes. Locals and tourists travel throughout the city using electronic trams.
Fascinating facts about Lisbon:
- Lisbon is older than Paris, London, and Rome—and one of the oldest cities in the entire world.
- This ancient city houses many archaeological features, including Roman and Phoenician sites.
- Napoleon invaded Lisbon in the early 19th century.
- Residents describe different areas of the city as Bairros.
- Lisbon’s Vasco da Gama Bridge is the second-longest bridge in Europe.
- Lisbon’s National Coach Museum houses the world’s largest collection of royal carriages.
If you’re looking for a true hub for a remote working lifestyle, consider investigating coliving opportunities in Lisbon. You’ll find a thriving, international community here.