Shenzhen is an exceptional city in so many ways and coliving and coworking are a great way to explore this city of firsts. Until the 1970s this metropolis was just a fishing village! China declared it its first special economic zone that would make it the country’s richest city just a few years later.
Today, Shenzhen’s economic output has overtaken that of Hong Kong and it ranks third after Beijing and Shanghai. Sometimes dubbed China’s “Silicon Valley”, the city provides a fertile ground for the many start-ups that sprout here every year.
Away from the stunning skyline, remote workers can relax by the sea by one of China’s most beautiful coastlines or get out of the city into the mountains.
Here are some fun facts about Shenzhen:
- Shenzhen was probably the fastest growing city on Earth from just 30,000 inhabitants in 1980 to the metropolis of 20 million that it is today.
- There is a haunted building right in the city center. The locals paint it red because red is believed to trap the ghosts.
- Shenzhen is home to some of China’s biggest high-tech companies such as Huawei and Tencent, the makers of the popular WeChat app.
- At 550 m its Ping An IFC Tower is the world's fourth-largest building, and it is home to the second-highest luxury hotel.
- In 2009, the trendy city was UNESCO City of Design and it’s also a UNESCO Creative City.
- Shenzhen ranked 2nd in the Lonely Planet’s guide “Top 10 cities to visit in 2019”.
- About 65 million visitors come to see the vibrant city’s many attractions every year.
- Shenzhen is also famous for its many theme parks, including the giant Dream Aquarium, a miniature world park and the Evergreen Resort with its tropical park and thousands of butterflies.
Shenzhen is perfect for digital nomads who want to experience coliving in one of China's most impressive megacities.
Finding affordable housing in Shenzhen can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Shenzhen. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Shenzhen for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Shenzhen is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Shenzhen? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Shenzhen is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - View guarantee
We background-check each host before they list with us.
If you spot the same room cheaper elsewhere, we'll match that price.
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
We securely collect your rent, and pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
Trusted by workers from some of the most respected companies in the world