Coliving is a community living concept for like-minded people to live, work, and play together. Living spaces are well designed, fully furnished, with incidentals and utilities covered by one bill. Catering to various living styles and tastes, the main value of the coliving experience is access to the community.
Looking for a month to month lease?
Coliving spaces don’t force you into a yearly contract, they offer flexible short term rentals with leases starting from as short as even a week.
Coliving.com is the #1 discovery and booking platform for Coliving homes around the world.
The city on the left bank of the Han River and by the Yangtze has a long history that remote workers can explore. There are many coliving and coworking spaces in this industrial city with a focus on scientific and technological development. There are over 1,600 high tech enterprise companies in the city and digital nomads benefit from the city’s international and innovative atmosphere.
After work, China’s largest city lake, the East Lake, is the perfect place for a stroll, especially during the cherry blossom season. Later in the evening, Wuhan’s famous night market is a foodie’s paradise. Local dishes include Doupi, which is sticky rice, egg, beef and vegetables in tofu skin, dry hot pots, and many freshwater fish dishes.
Here are some fun facts about Wuhan:
- Over 11 million people live in Wuhan, China’s 9th biggest city.
- Plum blossom is the city’s official flower.
- Wuhan is sometimes called “The Chicago of China” because of its many transport links.
- Until 1926, Wuhan used to be three separate towns and people have lived in the area for over 3,500 years.
- One of the fastest trains in the world leaves from Wuhan and can reach speeds of over 390 km/h.
- Noodles with sesame paste are a popular breakfast in the city.
- Over 1 million university students attend Wuhan’s many universities.
- Wuhan was probably the home of Mulan, the hero of the eponymous Disney movie.
- The first bridge across the Yangtze River is in Wuhan.
- Wuhan is famous for its extremely hot summers.
- Wheat, tea, rice, and cotton are grown around the city.
There is far more to this city than its manufacturing and industry and with its international outlook, it's a very welcoming place for nomads looking for coworking and coliving places.