Shenyang is a trade, industry and commercial center in northern China and the capital of Liaoning prince. Coworking and coliving are on the up in this hub for aerospace, heavy machinery, defense, and software sectors.
After work, there are many parks along the Hunhe River that are popular with joggers, but there are many other activities to try here such as kayaking or renting a jet ski! Another place for digital nomads to relax in is the Botanical Garden, which boasts over 1,700 different plants and hosts a popular lily exhibition.
The local dongbei cuisine is well known across China. It is generally quite salty and eaten as a tapas-style shared meal. Dishes include spicy meat and vegetable shashlik sticks, smoked chicken and laobian dumplings.
Here are some fun facts about Shenyang:
- Over 8 million people live in Shenyang, making it northern China’s biggest city.
- BMW, Michelin, Mitsubishi, Toyota and many other automotive companies are based here. By the end of 2019, BMW alone had produced a total of 3 million cars in Shenyang.
- Shenyang is home to Mukden Palace, the second biggest imperial palace in the country, and it’s much less crowded than the Forbidden City in Beijing.
- From 1625 until 1644, the Manchu rulers made Shenyang their capital during the Qing dynasty.
- The city’s name means “sunny side of the river”.
- Shenyang’s Qipanshan Scenic Area is a great place to go skiing and also hosts the Shenyang International Ice and Snow Festival.
- Meteorite Mountain Park is home to many meteorites, with some believed to be over 4.5 billion years old.
- Shenyang Bird Island is another must for nature lovers, especially in the evenings when visitors can see peacocks in flight.
Thanks to its vicinity to Japan, South Korea and Russia, it’s not surprising that the city is becoming more popular with digital nomads looking to explore The East.
What is coliving?
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Shenyang for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Shenyang is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Why book coliving in Shenyang?
Looking for a room for rent in Shenyang? Look no further! Coliving.com offers quality, trusted coliving spaces in Shenyang with all the amenities you need - and we offer them all at an affordable price. Finding the perfect coliving space in Shenyang is easy and convenient. New residents can explore a variety of rooms online and apply for a spot that fits their needs. All coliving spaces in Shenyang include furniture and amenities in the same bill.