Coliving is a modern form of shared housing for like-minded people to live, work and play together. Fully furnished, specially-designed living spaces create an inspiring environment for people to interact and share experiences.
The biggest value of joining a coliving space is access to the community.
Looking for a month to month lease?
Coliving spaces don’t force you into a yearly contract, they offer flexible short term rentals with leases starting from as short as even a week.
Coliving.com is the #1 discovery and booking platform for Coliving homes around the world.
Shenyang is a trade, industry and commercial center in northern China and the capital of Liaoning prince. Coworking and coliving are on the up in this hub for aerospace, heavy machinery, defense, and software sectors.
After work, there are many parks along the Hunhe River that are popular with joggers, but there are many other activities to try here such as kayaking or renting a jet ski! Another place for digital nomads to relax in is the Botanical Garden, which boasts over 1,700 different plants and hosts a popular lily exhibition.
The local dongbei cuisine is well known across China. It is generally quite salty and eaten as a tapas-style shared meal. Dishes include spicy meat and vegetable shashlik sticks, smoked chicken and laobian dumplings.
Here are some fun facts about Shenyang:
- Over 8 million people live in Shenyang, making it northern China’s biggest city.
- BMW, Michelin, Mitsubishi, Toyota and many other automotive companies are based here. By the end of 2019, BMW alone had produced a total of 3 million cars in Shenyang.
- Shenyang is home to Mukden Palace, the second biggest imperial palace in the country, and it’s much less crowded than the Forbidden City in Beijing.
- From 1625 until 1644, the Manchu rulers made Shenyang their capital during the Qing dynasty.
- The city’s name means “sunny side of the river”.
- Shenyang’s Qipanshan Scenic Area is a great place to go skiing and also hosts the Shenyang International Ice and Snow Festival.
- Meteorite Mountain Park is home to many meteorites, with some believed to be over 4.5 billion years old.
- Shenyang Bird Island is another must for nature lovers, especially in the evenings when visitors can see peacocks in flight.
Thanks to its vicinity to Japan, South Korea and Russia, it’s not surprising that the city is becoming more popular with digital nomads looking to explore The East.