Coliving Spaces in China
China is a vast country with equally vast opportunities for remote workers looking to network in the coworking and coliving spaces of some of the world’s liveliest metropolises or to escape to the tranquil and beautiful countryside.
Digital nomads can explore the different cultures, languages and cultures of Chinese minority groups and settle in the metropolitan centers of Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen or Hong Kong or escape the hustle and bustle and head west to explore Sichuan’s spicy foods and the mountainous regions.
Here are some fun facts about China:
- About 1.39 billion people live in China
- China is considered the oldest civilization in the world with histories estimating 6,000 BC to be the beginning of its culture
- Chinese is also the world’s oldest written language
- China might be the world's third-largest country but it has only one timezone. This means that the sun rises at 10 am in the west of the country
- Today, China has the world’s second-largest economy behind the USA
- China ‘invented’ soccer during the Han Dynasty (206 BC – 220 AD), when locals started to kick a ball around in a game then called Cuju. The game may have even been played there as early as 1,000 BC
- Wearing PJs outside even in Shanghai is completely normal
- Oranges originally came from China
- Chinese New Year causes one of the biggest mass movements as about 3.7 billion trips are made when workers return home from the big cities for the holiday
- Fortune cookies aren’t actually Chinese. They were invented in San Francisco
- All Pandas in the world have a special passport that makes them Chinese ‘citizens’
While a lifetime of traveling might not suffice to see the amazing cultural heritage China has to offer, remote workers who choose to travel across China for their coworking and coliving adventure will never be bored.