Guangzhou used to be known as Canton and in this commercial city on the Pearl River, north of Hong Kong, there are plenty of coliving and coworking opportunities for both short-term and long-term visitors.
Originally an ancient sea-trade town and major port hub, Guangzhou has always been a very open and international city. For a long time, it was actually the only port city that international traders were allowed to dock at.
Today, Guangzhou still welcomes digital nomads and foreign workers from all over the world.
Here are some fun facts about Guangzhou:
- The larger Guangzhou municipality, which includes Shenzhen, Dongguan and Foshan, holds the record for the worlds-largest metropolitan area with over 44 million inhabitants!
- West Africans, who hail mostly from Nigeria and Mali, are Guanzhou’s biggest international minority group, and its Yuexiu district is also known as “Little Africa”.
- Cantonese food is famous the world over and it's the Chinese cuisine that brought us dumplings! The city also has over 30,000 restaurants.
- Ginger and milk curd is a popular local dessert.
- The city’s Chimelong Circus is regarded as one of the best in Asia.
- Surprisingly, Guangzhou is home to the largest crocodile farm in the world: over 100,000 crocs live here.
- Animal lovers can also pay a visit to the local safari park with its many birds, giraffes and, of course, pandas!
- Daring visitors can take a day trip to the Gulong Canyon Glass Bridge.
- Nearby Baiyun Mountain also invites hikers, who enjoy the beautiful flowers along the route, but there’s also a cable car that takes visitors to the top.
- More than 500 different kinds of fruit are grown in the area around Guangzhou, including local varieties of lychee and pineapple.
Guangzhou is perfect for remote workers, who want to experience coliving and coworking in the world’s biggest mega metropolitan area.
What is coliving?
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Guangzhou for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Guangzhou is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Why book coliving in Guangzhou?
Looking for a room for rent in Guangzhou? Look no further! Coliving.com offers quality, trusted coliving spaces in Guangzhou with all the amenities you need - and we offer them all at an affordable price. Finding the perfect coliving space in Guangzhou is easy and convenient. New residents can explore a variety of rooms online and apply for a spot that fits their needs. All coliving spaces in Guangzhou include furniture and amenities in the same bill.