Beijing, the capital of China, is known for the best and most well-preserved culture and history. It is also a very popular choice for coliving accommodation for digital nomads and remote workers. Though the Internet isn’t expensive or bad in Beijing, yet the Great Firewall exists here, blocking access to many sites like Google, Facebook etc. However, this need can be easily addressed with a VPN service. There is a heap of shared offices and coworking spaces in Beijing to address the needs of digital nomads wishing to vary their daily view. Aside from that, the cafés offer free Wi-Fi making Internet access even more convenient. The cultural hub of China, with its long history and extremely deep cultural roots, Beijing has an exquisite collection of architecture, arts and cuisine along with many other facets. Sightseeing opportunities are vast including the seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites like The Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Ming Tombs,
Zhoukoudia, Grand Canal to name a few. Despite being a communist government, Beijing is filled with discos and nightclubs for everyone to enjoy. The reasonable cost of living, easy visa norms, rich heritage and facilities like coliving and coworking hubs, lure many digital nomads to stay in Beijing. Despite its traffic congestion, pollution and extreme temperatures, nomads don’t refrain from choosing it as their destination.
Fun Facts about Beijing:
- Capital and the seat for political power in the People’s Republic of China
- One of the oldest cities of the world - 3000 years old
- Beijing wasn’t always Beijing. Peking is not the only other name of Beijing - it is the 16th name given to this city!
- The second largest city in China
- Joins Amsterdam as the bicycle capital of the world
- 'Wang' is the most popular surname
- Beijing Capital International Airport is the world’s second busiest airport
- Chinese rose and chrysanthemum are the two official flowers
- The Forbidden City is the world’s largest palatial structure
- About 370 miles of the Great Wall is located here
- The Temple of Heaven built in 1420 is Beijing’s holiest imperial temple
- The longest traffic jam lasted 9 days and spanned 100 kilometers
- In 2004, 240,000 manhole and street drain covers were stolen
- Beijing is sinking at a rate of 4 inches per year
- One has to win a ‘car lottery’ to qualify to buy a car
- Mandarin is based on the dialect of Beijing
Despite all its population, crowded roads/traffic and pollution, Beijing comes with a plethora of opportunities for work as well as leisure. The city has worked hard to make itself inviting for digital nomads wish to colive here.
What is coliving?
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Beijing for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Beijing is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Why book coliving in Beijing?
Looking for a room for rent in Beijing? Look no further! Coliving.com offers quality, trusted coliving spaces in Beijing with all the amenities you need - and we offer them all at an affordable price. Finding the perfect coliving space in Beijing is easy and convenient. New residents can explore a variety of rooms online and apply for a spot that fits their needs. All coliving spaces in Beijing include furniture and amenities in the same bill.
How it works
3 simple steps
Applying is easy. Once you've found the perfect room, click "Reserve" and provide some background information - all within 5 minutes.
2. Get approved
We carefully look at your application and your profile to determine if you match our community. You may be asked follow-up questions.
3. Move in and enjoy
Once your booking is confirmed, pack your bag and begin your next coliving journey. A great community in your new home is awaiting you.
Coliving.com is the #1 discovery and booking platform for coliving homes worldwide.