If you’re looking for a relaxed, chilled-out city with gorgeous weather and the sea just a stone’s throw away, San Diego should tick all the boxes. The second largest city in California, San Diego offers beautiful, sunny weather all year round and great coliving spaces for remote workers. As you explore the city, make sure you visit the San Diego Zoo, the Balboa Park, and the other hot attractions. But there’s more to the city than the tourist traps; San Diego has an amazing foodie scene, a relaxing atmosphere, and stunning countryside around it. When it comes to eating, you can enjoy delicious Mexican food, seafood, hearty Italian meals, and more. The nightlife is booming and it’s easy to walk or scooter around the city. When you are not working, you can hit any of the gorgeous beaches with white sand and lined with palm trees. This is one place where you can really make the most of the digital nomad lifestyle. You’ll love being able to make your own schedule and really get to know this beautiful city.
Here are some interesting facts about San Diego:
- San Diego, the second largest city in California, has a population of 1,419,000.
- The city is also known as the ‘birthplace of California’.
- San Diego was officially declared part of the United States in 1848.
- San Diego is home to lots of great tourist attractions, including San Diego Zoo, Legoland California, and SeaWorld San Diego.
- More than 168 million gallons of water are imported each day into San Diego.
- Many famous people hail from San Diego, including the punk band Blink 182, children’s author Dr. Seuss, and the skateboarding star Tony Hawk. In fact, May 29th is Tony Day in the city!
- In the Balboa Park in San Diego, you’ll find not just gardens and green spaces, but also museums, art galleries, and theaters.
- It has only snowed five times in the last 150 years in San Diego.
- You can feel safe in San Diego – it’s one of the safest cities in the U.S.
San Diego is a more expensive city for digital nomads and remote workers to live in, but if you can afford it, it’s an amazing location to base yourself in for a while. With the sun shining almost every day and some of the best beaches around right on your doorstep, you’ll love the outdoorsy, relaxed lifestyle. You’ll find lots of great bars, cafes and cow cool coliving spots here.