Coliving is a modern form of shared housing for like-minded people to live, work and play together. Fully furnished, specially-designed living spaces create an inspiring environment for people to interact and share experiences.
The biggest value of joining a coliving space is access to the community.
Looking for a month to month lease?
Coliving spaces don’t force you into a yearly contract, they offer flexible short term rentals with leases starting from as short as even a week.
Coliving.com is the #1 discovery and booking platform for Coliving homes around the world.
With a population of over 1.5 million, Philadelphia is the largest city in Pennsylvania and the sixth most populous U.S city. A top study destination, the city has transformed into a coliving, economic hub attracting remote workers and digital nomads from all over the world. It’s no coincidence that Philadelphia housed the first electronic computer in 1946, and is now an attractive spot for professionals looking for coliving spaces. The city is known for its arts, culture, cuisine, and colonial history, attracting 42 million domestic tourists a year and is home to many national historical sites that relate to the founding of the United States of America. For the culture of the location independent, digital nomad, and remote workforce, Philadelphia is fast becoming an attractive choice with a vast array of coliving spaces creating a vibrant community. The social aspect of the city is sure to balance out your work and play balance.
Here are a few interesting facts about Philadelphia:
- Affectionately known as Philly, it is home of America’s first naval yard, musical auditorium, stock exchange, cancer hospital, daily newspaper, soft pretzel and the famous Liberty Bell.
- The Reading Terminal Market, open all year round, is the longest running farmers’ market in the nation.
- Fairmount Park is the largest park system in the U.S.
- Philadelphia hosted the first Republican National Convention in 1856, organized to initiate the freedom of all slaves.
- The Walnut Street Theatre is the oldest currently running theatre in the English speaking world. Contrary to popular belief that it is in London, it is actually in Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia is said to be the most haunted city in the U.S. with the Eastern State Penitentiary opening for spooky tours during Halloween season.
- Elfreth’s Alley that hosts 32 houses, is the oldest inhabited street in the nation.
- One of the seeds that went to the moon and back on Apollo 14 is planted in Washington Square Park.
- Philadelphia is the first American city to guarantee religious freedom to immigrants.
With such a rich cultural history, it’s no wonder that digital nomads are heading to Philadelphia in search of nomad communities and quality coliving spaces.