Each year 20 million people visit Seattle, and it’s already established itself as one of the main spots for digital nomads. With a booming tech industry in the city and a growing number of entrepreneurs launching start-ups, it’s a hub for amazing coliving spaces with
an impressive range of amenities. From strolling the waterfront to acting the tourist while visiting the Space Needle, Seattle has lots to offer. With one of the most vibrant foodie scenes in the US, you’ll be spoilt for choice when deciding where to eat. Be sure to try the fresh local seafood, and grab an authentic bowl of Pho from any of the many reputable Vietnamese restaurants in the city. When visiting ‘The Emerald City’, as Seattle is also known, you’ll probably want to visit some of the best coffee shops in the world. You’ll find coffee beans from all over the world. Coffee is an art form in Seattle and it’s where Starbucks was created!
Interesting facts you may not have realized about Seattle:
- People have been living in the area of Seattle for over 4,000 years.
- Seattle is the largest city in Washington state, with around 730,000 inhabitants.
- Seattle wasn’t always known by this name. It was originally called New York and was renamed ‘Seattle’ after a Suquamish chief who helped the early white settlers in the area.
- A large number of Fortune 500 companies are located in and around Seattle, including Amazon, Nordstrom, Microsoft, Expedia, and Costco.
- Seattle broke with tradition by becoming the first city in America to have a female mayor. Bertha Knight Landes held this role between 1926-1928.
- Famous people such as Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos call Seattle home.
- Grunge rock was born in Seattle – home to bands such as Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.
With an excellent public transport system, tasty food available on almost every street, a host of coliving spaces and the best coffee around, Seattle is an attractive location for remote workers and digital nomads, for both short and long term stays.
What is coliving?
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Seattle for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Seattle is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Why book coliving in Seattle?
Looking for a room for rent in Seattle? Look no further! Coliving.com offers quality, trusted coliving spaces in Seattle with all the amenities you need - and we offer them all at an affordable price. Finding the perfect coliving space in Seattle is easy and convenient. New residents can explore a variety of rooms online and apply for a spot that fits their needs. All coliving spaces in Seattle include furniture and amenities in the same bill.