Chicago is a great destination for digital nomads, with great options for both coliving. Not only do many entrepreneurs and remote workers pass through for conferences and events in the city, but a large number of digital nomads choose to
stay in Chicago for long-term stays too. With trendy neighborhoods bursting with character, plenty of local attractions for a spot of sightseeing, and some of the best coffee shops in the States, it’s not hard to see why many remote workers choose to set up base in Chicago.
Chicago has a thriving nightlife and great cultural offerings from museums to art galleries, theaters and more. There’s an impressive culinary scene too, where you can get everything from the classic Chicago pizza or hot dog to dinner at a Michelin-starred
restaurant without breaking the bank. You’ll discover a growing community of digital nomads and creatives living in the iconic neighborhoods of Chicago, especially around the West Side, from West Loop to Logan Square.
Here are some interesting facts you might not know about Chicago:
- The name ‘Chicago’ comes from the Native American word for wild leek, shikaakwa.
- Chicago was designated as a city in 1837.
- Chicago is also known as ‘The City That Works’ or ‘The Windy City’.
- Home to 2.7 million people, Chicago is, in fact, the third largest city in the US by population size.
- Chicago underwent a huge regeneration after the Great Chicago Fire in 1871.
- Chicago lays claim to 56 different museums, 125 art galleries and more than 200 spots to catch some live music – you’ll never be bored!
- Chicago became home to the world’s very first skyscraper in 1885 – the Home Insurance Company.
- Chicago has a wide range of culinary options available, with over 5,000 restaurants in the city.
- There are lots of opportunities for fresh air, with 580 parks, 26 beaches, and a grand total of 8,100 acres of green space.
- Did you know that the atom was split for the first time in the football stands at the University of Chicago?
- Harrison Ford, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler all grew up in Chicago.
Chicago is an ideal location for digital nomads and remote workers, with a large number of coliving spaces, historic locations, and efficient transport links.
Finding affordable housing in Chicago can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Chicago. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Chicago for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Chicago is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Chicago? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Chicago is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - View guarantee
We background-check each host before they list with us.
If you spot the same room cheaper elsewhere, we'll match that price.
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
We securely collect your rent, and pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
Trusted by workers from some of the most respected companies in the world