The Czech Republic is often top of the list of best remote worker locations for coworking and coliving and there are many reasons for this. This landlocked country between Austria, Poland, and Slovakia has plenty of culture and nature to explore as well as excellent transport links to the rest of Europe. It is also one of the safest countries in the world.
Its capital Prague is especially popular with digital nomads but there are also many quaint small towns such as Karlovy Vary and Liberec to explore. The vast and beautiful countryside is dotted with Bohemian castles.
Here are some fun facts about the Czech Republic:
- About 10.7 million people live in the Czech Republic.
- In 1993, Czechoslovakia separated into the Czech Republic and Slovakia in what is called the “Velvet Divorce” because it was so peaceful.
- The Czech Republic was once the Bohemian Kingdom, which meant “home of the Boii” Gallic tribe.
- There are 12 UNESCO World Heritage sites in the country.
- No country drinks more beer than the Czech Republic and beer has been brewed here since 993 AD.
- Sigmund Freud, Franz Kafka, Antonin Dvorak, Gregor Mendel and Oskar Schindler were all Czech.
- Ice Hockey is the most popular sport in the country but it’s also famous for its tennis players.
- In summer, the locals also enjoy trekking, cycling and kayaking.
- There are over 2,000 castles in the Czech Republic.
- Soft contact lenses were invented by a Czech chemist in 1959.
- Škoda Auto is from the Czech Republic.
- Berlin, Vienna, Budapest and Milan are all within easy reach from the Czech Republic.
- The average monthly salary in the Czech Republic is $1,000 but the living standard that this amount can buy is very high.
The Czech Republic is the place to come to try out truly Bohemian coworking and coliving among its large ex-pat community of about 500,000 and friendly and highly educated locals.