The Czech Republic is often top of the list of best remote worker locations for coworking and coliving and there are many reasons for this. This landlocked country between Austria, Poland, and Slovakia has plenty of culture and nature to explore as well as excellent transport links to the rest of Europe. It is also one of the safest countries in the world.
Its capital Prague is especially popular with digital nomads but there are also many quaint small towns such as Karlovy Vary and Liberec to explore. The vast and beautiful countryside is dotted with Bohemian castles.
Here are some fun facts about the Czech Republic:
- About 10.7 million people live in the Czech Republic.
- In 1993, Czechoslovakia separated into the Czech Republic and Slovakia in what is called the “Velvet Divorce” because it was so peaceful.
- The Czech Republic was once the Bohemian Kingdom, which meant “home of the Boii” Gallic tribe.
- There are 12 UNESCO World Heritage sites in the country.
- No country drinks more beer than the Czech Republic and beer has been brewed here since 993 AD.
- Sigmund Freud, Franz Kafka, Antonin Dvorak, Gregor Mendel and Oskar Schindler were all Czech.
- Ice Hockey is the most popular sport in the country but it’s also famous for its tennis players.
- In summer, the locals also enjoy trekking, cycling and kayaking.
- There are over 2,000 castles in the Czech Republic.
- Soft contact lenses were invented by a Czech chemist in 1959.
- Škoda Auto is from the Czech Republic.
- Berlin, Vienna, Budapest and Milan are all within easy reach from the Czech Republic.
- The average monthly salary in the Czech Republic is $1,000 but the living standard that this amount can buy is very high.
The Czech Republic is the place to come to try out truly Bohemian coworking and coliving among its large ex-pat community of about 500,000 and friendly and highly educated locals.
Finding affordable housing in Czech Republic can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Czech Republic. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Czech Republic for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Czech Republic is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Czech Republic? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Czech Republic is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - View guarantee
We background-check each host before they list with us.
If you spot the same room cheaper elsewhere, we'll match that price.
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
We securely collect your rent, and pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
Trusted by workers from some of the most respected companies in the world