Spain, with a population of 47 million is the second largest country in the EU, and has quickly become an enticing place for digital nomads.
After Chinese, Spanish is the most spoken language in the world and it attracts some of the most inspiring remote workers in the world. Coworking and coliving spaces are firmly established here, with new companies setting up daily.
With 44 UNESCO World Heritage sites, when you are not working, there are incredible places to visit – from national parks to breath-taking architecture and historic cities.
Art lovers can explore the many galleries here - and marvel at the works of Picasso, Dali and Miro to name but a few.
Spain is incredibly tourist-friendly – and has a wonderful public transport system and over 8000 beaches.
Football fans must go to a local game when visiting – the stadiums are filled with die-hard supporters and the atmosphere is truly electric. Their national team has been ranked number one for the past 5 years.
The relaxation-seeking natives spend approximately 16 hours a day eating, sleeping, relaxing and having fun. Be sure to balance your work schedule with the Spanish leisure mind-set.
Here are some fun facts about Spain:
· Life expectancy is 82 years old
· Nudity is legal
· It’s legal to marry at the age of 16
· King Felipe VI has ruled since 2014
· Female entrepreneurs started 40% of the new businesses in recent years
· Grandparents have a starring role in Spain – with 25% of them taking care of their grandchildren on a daily basis
· The first modern novel was written in 1605 by a Spaniard – the name of the book is Don Quixote
· Spanish inventions include the stapler and spacesuits
· The sign of a good bar is a dirty floor – fact!
· Half of the world’s olive oil is produced in Spain
· Spain’s national anthem doesn’t have any words
· More than 150,000 tomatoes are thrown at La Tomatina in August