Luxembourg is the must-visit destination for digital nomads and remote workers who plan to prioritize safety, all while living in one of the world’s major business centers. Coliving here is a popular choice for many.
Officially called the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, this Western European country is landlocked and nestled next to the countries of Belgium, Germany, and France. Because of this, Luxembourg’s culture is highly influenced by and intertwined with its neighbors. The official languages are French, German, Luxembourgish and the country is the founding member of the European Union.
Cosmopolitan and multicultural, Luxembourg is an eclectic mesh of both tradition and modernity. Numerous UNESCO World Heritage sites can be found in the country. Luxembourg City itself, the country’s capital, is also considered a World Heritage destination.
In fact, the capital of Luxembourg was listed twice as the European Capital of Culture. It first gained the title back in 1995 and once again in 2007. Don’t be surprised if you find a variety of museums and old palaces as you tour around Luxembourg! Its historical spots are a testament to how deeply-rooted they are to their culture.
As for its startup scene, digital nomads might find the country’s thriving startup scene attractive. Coliving spaces are steadily increasing throughout Lithuania and the country itself can be an inspiring place to settle in as a remote worker.
Fun facts about Luxembourg:
- It’s one of the world’s smallest countries
- It’s the seat of the European Union’s Court of Justice
- Luxembourg is one of the richest countries in the world
- The country has the highest minimum wage in Europe
- Luxembourg is considered to be one of the safest countries in the world
- The whole Luxembourg City is a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Luxembourg is one of the smallest countries in the world
- It’s also the least populated country in all EU countries
If you plan to thrive in a secure environment with a flourishing country, you can expand your digital nomad lifestyle in a coliving space in Luxembourg!