This Baltic country is famous among remote workers and digital nomads for its e-residency visa and for those who want to actually take up physical residence in this beautiful country there are many coworking and coliving opportunities available.
Estonia has few big cities and the locals enjoy getting out into the great outdoors. After work, remote workers should rent a car and explore the many national parks, lakes and unspoiled forests.
Here are some fun facts about Estonia:
- About 1.3 million people live in Estonia, making it one of the least populated countries in Europe.
- Over 1.5 million people visit Estonia every year including many cruise ship passengers.
- There are many more Estonian women than men.
- It is a very young country, having only become independent in 1918.
- Estonia has 2,222 islands.
- Over 50% of the country is covered in forests making it one of the greenest countries in Europe.
- Estonian is the official language but Russian is also still widely spoken.
- Tallinn might be the main capital of Estonia but Tartu is known as its cultural capital and Parnu as its summer capital.
- Estonia has a very lively craft beer scene with many beer-related events.
- It is one of the world’s least religious countries with only 14% of the population declaring themselves as religious.
- Recently, Estonia has gained a reputation as the “Silicon Valley of the Baltics.”
- It was also the first country in the world to allow its citizens to vote online.
- Ten percent of the population attended Chess Grandmaster Keres’ funeral in 1975.
- Wild wolves live in Estonia’s forests such as the Soomaa National Park just two hours' drive from Tallinn. Visitors can go on nighttime safaris to spot them.
- In the Kalevipoeg epic, the Estonian national hero can talk to hedgehogs.
Remote workers will enjoy coliving and coworking in this cold but welcoming, liberal and very innovative small country that punches far above its weight in the technology field.
Finding affordable housing in Estonia can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Estonia. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Estonia for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Estonia is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Estonia? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Estonia is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - View guarantee
We background-check each host before they list with us.
If you spot the same room cheaper elsewhere, we'll match that price.
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
We securely collect your rent, and pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
Trusted by workers from some of the most respected companies in the world