With its picture-perfect Medieval seaside towns, perfect beaches and liberal Mediterranean mindset and lifestyle, Croatia attracts many remote workers who come to enjoy trendy coworking and coliving by the sea or the mountains.
Croatia is a very safe country and still slightly cheaper than its neighbors along the Mediterranean. Many of the locals speak fluent English and there is a growing crowd of digital nomads. The fresh food and local wine are just two of many reasons that have made this idyllic country popular with remote workers from all over the world.
The pace of life in Croatia is slow and pomalo, or ‘take it easy’, seems to be the local motto.
Here are some fun facts about Croatia:
- About 4.4 million people live in Croatia.
- Croatia has over 1,000 islands with many deserted beaches that easily rival those in South East Asia.
- The Ancient Greeks brought their wine-making skills to Croatia over 2,500 years ago. Today, 64 grape varieties are grown here.
- Sailing, windsurfing, hiking and skiing are just some of the many outdoor sports that are popular in Croatia.
- Some remote workers choose to help out with the harvest on vineyards or olive groves, which is a good way to obtain a visa as well.
- Most cities have many religious festivals that are very interesting to watch as well as local music and cultural events.
- In the countryside, visitors will find many small cookie-cutter villages and with their pastel-colored houses, Croatia's towns are also very inviting.
- The local cuisine is famous for its fresh seafood such as Mljet lobster or Kvarner scampi but also various veal and pork stews from the mountainous regions and delicious Istrian truffles.
Croatia has much to offer to digital nomads who are looking for a short-term or long-term in one of its safe and tranquil cities.
Finding affordable housing in Croatia can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Croatia. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Croatia for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Croatia is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Croatia? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Croatia is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - Learn more
We background-check each host before they list with us.
If you spot the same room cheaper elsewhere, we'll match that price.
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
We securely collect your rent, and pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
Trusted by remote workers from some of the most respected companies in the world