With its picture-perfect Medieval seaside towns, perfect beaches and liberal Mediterranean mindset and lifestyle, Croatia attracts many remote workers who come to enjoy trendy coworking and coliving by the sea or the mountains.
Croatia is a very safe country and still slightly cheaper than its neighbors along the Mediterranean. Many of the locals speak fluent English and there is a growing crowd of digital nomads. The fresh food and local wine are just two of many reasons that have made this idyllic country popular with remote workers from all over the world.
The pace of life in Croatia is slow and pomalo, or ‘take it easy’, seems to be the local motto.
Here are some fun facts about Croatia:
- About 4.4 million people live in Croatia.
- Croatia has over 1,000 islands with many deserted beaches that easily rival those in South East Asia.
- The Ancient Greeks brought their wine-making skills to Croatia over 2,500 years ago. Today, 64 grape varieties are grown here.
- Sailing, windsurfing, hiking and skiing are just some of the many outdoor sports that are popular in Croatia.
- Some remote workers choose to help out with the harvest on vineyards or olive groves, which is a good way to obtain a visa as well.
- Most cities have many religious festivals that are very interesting to watch as well as local music and cultural events.
- In the countryside, visitors will find many small cookie-cutter villages and with their pastel-colored houses, Croatia's towns are also very inviting.
- The local cuisine is famous for its fresh seafood such as Mljet lobster or Kvarner scampi but also various veal and pork stews from the mountainous regions and delicious Istrian truffles.
Croatia has much to offer to digital nomads who are looking for a short-term or long-term in one of its safe and tranquil cities.