The Czech Republic’s golden capital has always attracted digital nomads and anyone with the opportunity to work remotely should try to spend some time coworking and coliving here to explore this beautiful city.
Prague recently came second only to Budapest on the list of “Best Digital Nomad Destinations in the World.” This is not surprising considering that the WiFi is fast, the beer is good and the local remote worker community is large and supportive.
Here are some fun facts about Prague:
- About 1.3 million people live in Prague, the European Union’s 13th largest city and about 8.5 million people visit Prague every year.
- Prague may have been founded as early as 1306 BC.
- The largest castle in the world is here in Prague. It dates back to the 9th century and covers 18 acres. The city’s nickname is also “City of a Hundred Spires.”
- The stunning Charles Bridge was built in the 14th century and connects the Old Town and Mala Strana. It is rumored to be haunted.
- Fans of modern architecture cannot miss the famous Dancing House.
- Pilsner was invented in Prague and the locals drink more beer than anyone else in the world: about 155 liters per person per year!
- Visitors can even visit a beer spa to have a pore-cleansing beer bath!
- Prague’s narrowest street is just 50cm wide. But because two people can’t pass each other, it had to get its own traffic light!
- Prague’s famous Astronomical Clock has even been recreated in Seoul.
- Prague has a vibrant nightlife scene and central Europe’s biggest club that sprawls over five floors.
- Charles University, founded here in 1348, is the oldest university in Central Europe.
- Prague’s oldest synagogue dates back to 1270.
In recent years this beautiful city has become somewhat of a digital nomad hotspot. It also a good coworking and coliving base from which to explore the rest of Europe as there are many affordable flights and also good train and bus connections from here.
Finding affordable housing in Prague can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Prague. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Prague for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Prague is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Prague? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Prague is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - Learn more
We background-check each host before they list with us.
If you spot the same room cheaper elsewhere, we'll match that price.
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
We securely collect your rent, and pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
Trusted by remote workers from some of the most respected companies in the world