Coliving Spaces in Jakarta
Indonesia’s Bali is best known for being a digital nomad’s paradise but that doesn’t mean you should brush off its neighbor, Jakarta. A wide range of coliving spaces can be found in the city and remote workers won’t have a hard time finding their ideal location. Jakarta is a vibrant city nestled on the northwest coast of the Java island. It is the country’s capital, making it Indonesia’s lifestyle, cultural and economic hub. With the coworking and coliving trend thriving in this city, the internet will always be a remote worker’s priority. It’s a good thing that connectivity won’t disrupt a digital nomad’s workflow as Jakarta has decent internet, even in locations that may seem so remote. You can easily find a place to unwind after a productive day as Jakarta is known for its electrifying nightlife. Shopping malls are prevalent in the lifestyle scene and Indonesian cuisine is varied and delicious.
Here are a few facts about Jakarta:
- The city went through five name changes before deciding on Jakarta
- It is the 13th largest city in the world
- Indonesia was a Dutch colony in the past and Jakarta houses some of the remains of this part of the country’s history
- It was nicknamed “Big Durian”, a fruit produced in Indonesia. This makes it the Indonesian equivalent to the Big Apple (New York).
- Jakarta is a tourist’s gateway to the rest of Indonesia
- The city’s total shopping mall area equals 550 hectares, making Jakarta a shopper’s paradise
- It only experiences two seasons - wet and dry. The rainy season starts in October while the dry season starts in May. Jakarta generally has a humid weather
Living in the city offers major advantages when it comes to transportation and shopping centers. As a digital nomad in Jakarta, you’ll easily have access to live’s daily essentials and this is why it makes a great place for remote workers to choose as a coliving choice.