Coliving is a modern form of shared housing for like-minded people to live, work and play together. Fully furnished, specially-designed living spaces create an inspiring environment for people to interact and share experiences.
The biggest value of joining a coliving space is access to the community.
Looking for a month to month lease?
Coliving spaces don’t force you into a yearly contract, they offer flexible short term rentals with leases starting from as short as even a week.
Coliving.com is the #1 discovery and booking platform for Coliving homes around the world.
The United Arab Emirates or UAE is a beautiful paradise in the Middle East. With few requirements for living here, the expat community is thriving, with many opportunities for digital nomads in search of coliving spaces.
With so much sand, the country has plenty of great beaches. Depending on where you go some beaches have operating hours and fees to access them. Although the UAE is quite conservative, normal beach attire is acceptable on the beach - visitors are must ensure to cover up before leaving. 37 miles outside of Dubai lies an abandoned village buried in sand - an amazing place to visit.
Cities offer good local transport, affordable taxis, and ferries when getting around cities. From city to city there are some great options. The country has very well maintained roads - many love going for joy rides with only 86 miles between Dubai and Abu Dhabi. There are also several coach busses available, with as many or few luxuries as you want.
The country is mostly desert and offers a coastal desert climate. Summers on the coast get very hot, with temperatures sometimes surpassing 120°. Winter days are still quite warm in the high 70s, however, days and nights can get considerably colder in the mountains. With overall hot and sunny weather, it’s no surprise that more coliving spaces are popping up.
Emirati cuisine is similar to other Middle Eastern Cuisine. Some locally grown produce includes dates and watermelons. Some interesting specialties include camel milk, grilled fish, and Luqaimat, which are sweet fried dumplings.
Here are some facts about the UAE:
- An emirate is a land reigned by an emir, an Arabian king, or a prince.
- The UAE is comprised of seven emirates
- The falcon is the UAE’s national symbol - falconry, which is the hunting animals by using a bird of prey is a popular pastime
- It’s the largest export country of US goods in the Middle East
- They have the seventh-largest oil reserves in the world
- The country is quite wealthy and many Emirati have nice cars, so it only makes sense that some police have cars fast enough to catch them - there is a Ferrari, Lamborghini, and a Bentley police car