The Dominican Republic might be a top tourist destination but it is possible and affordable to work here in some of the many coliving and coworking spaces.
From busy city life to a tranquil beach setting, remote workers can find their perfect location from which to explore the Caribbean.
Santo Domingo, the capital and a UNESCO World Heritage site, and trendy Las Terrenas right by the beach are both popular destinations for digital nomads from all over the world.
Here are some fun facts about the Dominican Republic:
- About 10.5 million people live in the Dominican Republic.
- Santo Domingo is the oldest capital of the ‘new world’.
- It was once a country of pirates.
- Today over 25% of the country is protected as national parks.
- Visitors can enjoy a sheer endless variety of water sports such as kite surfing, fishing, diving, and snorkeling as well as kayaking and water skiing and more.
- 2,000 – 3,000 humpback whales come to its northeastern coast every year.
- Sugarcane is the main industry in the Dominican Republic. Tobacco and coffee are also grown here.
- It is always summer in the Dominican Republic.
- Baseball is the biggest sport here.
- Over 3,000 people climb its Pico Duarte Mountain every year.
- The Merengue dance was invented here.
- The Dominican Republic has a lot of unique wildlife such as the palmchat bird and even a gemstone that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Local delicacies include sancocho stew with 7 types of meat, twice-fried plantain, and plantain mash with eggs, cheese, and a local type of salami.
The slow pace of life allows remote workers to truly relax on a paradise island after work and to head straight out into untouched nature after closing their laptops or enjoy a rum-based drink under the palm trees between the perfect blue-green sea and bright white sandy beaches.
Finding affordable housing in Dominican Republic can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Dominican Republic. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Dominican Republic for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Dominican Republic is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Dominican Republic? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Dominican Republic is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - View guarantee
We background-check each host before they list with us.
If you spot the same room cheaper elsewhere, we'll match that price.
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
We securely collect your rent, and pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
Trusted by workers from some of the most respected companies in the world