Are you looking to choose an island for your next coliving experience? Filled with breathtaking landscapes and warm and friendly people, Jamaica is the place to be in if you want to live a simple and laidback life far away from the urban bustle.
Explore exotic jungles, dive off cliffs, and even swim with horses while in this island country. Jamaica is known for its tourist attractions and activities that feature nature and wildlife. Beaches, falls, and rivers can be found all over the country, making it a Caribbean hotspot for travel-loving remote workers.
You’ll also find that it’s quite easy to connect with the locals, especially since Jamaica is considered to be the third happiest nation in the world.
As for its coliving scene, specialized spaces are steadily growing in Jamaica. While it’s not as flourishing as what you’ll find in other countries, one can expect it to thrive soon with the growing number of entrepreneurs heading to Jamaica.
Things to know about Jamaica:
- Jamaica is well-known for its reggae music - it’s also where this type of music first originated)
- This island nation is situated in the Caribbean
- Kingston is the largest city of Jamaica and is also its capital
- Jamaica is a tropical country and humid weather can be expected almost all year round
- Ackee and Saltfish are the national dishes of Jamaica
- They are the first country in the world to build a railroad
- There are over 200 species of orchids in the country
- Over 90% of the Jamaican population is of African descent
Jamaica’s main driver for its economy is the tourism industry. That’s why it’s no wonder that there’s a diverse amount of activities for locals and tourists to explore. For digital nomads, the calm atmosphere provided by this reggae-loving country makes it the ideal place for a coliving choice.