Coliving Spaces in Medellin
Colombia‘s second biggest city is certainly a good choice for remote workers who want to take advantage of the low cost of living. Expats and digital nomads enjoy the warm weather and warm attitude of the locals in the city of eternal spring. Established coworking spaces and emerging coliving spaces are making Medellín more attractive than ever for short-term and long-term stays.
Surrounded by mountains like a green backdrop, Medellín‘s colonial-style buildings, iconic skyscrapers and picturesque cable cars form a truly unique skyline. The Metrocable is not only a tourist attraction but actually a regular part of public transport. Together with outdoor escalators, it bridges the height differences of the hills and valleys of Medellín.
The city is refreshingly colorful. Countless flowers decorate balconies, terraces, parks and bloom year round. Their beauty is celebrated in an annual festival. Street art is celebrated in Medellín and it‘s especially captivating in the Comuna 13 neighborhood. Colorful homes round out the picture. This city is just perfect for taking Instagram photos and shooting videos.
Here are some fun facts about Medellín:
- Medellín has 2.5 million inhabitants and is located in the central region of the Andes Mountains.
- The government takes care of its people and keeps the city safe and clean. Wealthy areas and lower economic neighborhoods do not stand in the same harsh contrast that is known from comparably sized Latin American cities.
- Pablo Escobar, infamous drug lord still famous through countless telenovelas about his life, was originally from Medellín.
- Colombiamoda is an annual giant fashion conference that features hundreds of brands and dozens of runway shows.
- There‘s a rich biodiversity in the parks and nature reserves surrounding Medellín. You can visit by Metrocable, on foot, by bike or on the back of a horse.
- World-class art galleries, libraries, and public spaces are cheap to visit and sometimes even free of charge.
Staying in a coliving space here is a great way to stay in Medellín as you don't have to worry about amenities or Wi-Fi and can instead focus on enjoying the city‘s immense beauty when you are not working.