Coliving is a modern form of shared housing for like-minded people to live, work and play together. Fully furnished, specially-designed living spaces create an inspiring environment for people to interact and share experiences.
The biggest value of joining a coliving space is access to the community.
Looking for a month to month lease?
Coliving spaces don’t force you into a yearly contract, they offer flexible short term rentals with leases starting from as short as even a week.
Coliving.com is the #1 discovery and booking platform for Coliving homes around the world.
Declared as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1978 for having the best preserved and least altered historic center in Latin America, Quito boasts of rich culture, eye-catching natural diversity and stunning landscapes. Nomads regularly choose to live here for their coliving stays – and quickly feel at home here, once they’ve acclimatized to the altitude. With its warm, helpful and amazing people, good Internet, reasonable cost of living, and amazing sites, Quito has established itself as a hub for coworking and coliving professionals. If one has even a basic knowledge of Spanish, it would make their stay even more enjoyable as the locals love to share their experiences. Located amongst mountains and volcanoes, Quito is the gateway to the diversity of Amazon. The architecture is great and one could take a free walking tour to learn its culture, history, politics and economics. Hiking to waterfalls, canoeing in the Amazon jungle, seeing buildings from colonization in the old city center, visiting Basilica del Voto Nacional, or El Panecillo with its statue of Virgin Mary with wings – these are just some of the amazing sites to see and experience. The local transport system is okay with buses, private taxis and Uber being readily available. However, ‘Yellow Taxi” crimes are on the rise and one is advised to take authorized taxis to be cautious.
Fun Facts about Quito:
- Highest official Capital city in the world with an elevation of 9350 feet
- The Galapagos Islands which are the first to be declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site can be accessed by flights from Quito
- The official name is San Francisco de Quito
- Nicknamed ‘Florence of the Americas’ or ‘Light of America’
- Is south of the equator - Mitad del Mundo (the middle of the world) is located 25 kilometers north
- Has 13 twin/sister cities
- Best preserved historical center in Latin America
- Headquarters of the Union of South American Nations
- Built atop ruins of an Incan city
- Surrounded by eight of Ecuador’s 19 volcanoes
- Three active volcanoes within 100 kilometers
- Just two seasons - dry (June-September) and wet (October-May)
- Sun rises and sets at roughly the same time the entire year
- Orchid Capital of the world with 4250 species
- The Panama Hat was created in Ecuador
The elevation is quite high, some imported goods are crazily expensive, and there is petty crime here and there. Nevertheless, being one of the world’s most bio-diverse places, highly comfortable quality of life, considerably low cost of living, amazing landscapes, and good infrastructure make Quito a much-loved place for digital nomads looking to find coliving spaces in South America.