Split is Croatia’s second city and located on the eastern shore of the Adriatic Sea. Digital nomads exploring Croatia from this coworking and coliving base will appreciate how walkable the city is. Visitors can get anywhere in the city in under an hour.
From Split, long-term and short-term visitors can also enjoy trips out to the many islands and hidden beaches.
Here are some fun facts about Split:
- About 250,000 people live in Split.
- The city was founded as a Greek colony in the 3rd of 2nd century BC.
- The city is named after the yellow flowers of the Spanish broom plant.
- Diocletian had his sprawling Roman palace built here in the early 4th century AD and it is a must-see for all visitors to Split.
- Aside from tourism, shipbuilding, food, plastics, textiles and paper mills are an important part of the local economy.
- Split has been a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1979 and is also a literary center in Croatia.
- The Croatian National Theatre has its home in Split and the beautiful yellow building was built in 1893.
- Split is very sporty and the locals like to call it “the sportiest city in the world”.
- Croatia's second-biggest university is here, and with its 25,000 students, the nightlife in Split is always lively.
- Marjan Hill is steep and covered in cypress and pine trees. One side of it is dedicated to an old Jewish cemetery.
- Klis Fortress is one of several Croatian locations that featured in the Game of Thrones series.
- Just an hour outside Split, visitors can enjoy a day trip to the Krka National Park to see its 17 waterfalls and green naturals pools.
- The Cathedral of Saint Domnius is thought to be the oldest Catholic cathedral in the world that has been in use since the 7th century.
With 6 UNESCO World Heritage sites within easy reach from Split, the city is perfect for remote workers looking to explore culture as well as nature, beaches and nightlife from this coliving and coworking hub.
Finding affordable housing in Split can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Split. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Split for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Split is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Split? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Split is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - View guarantee
We background-check each host before they list with us.
If you spot the same room cheaper elsewhere, we'll match that price.
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
We securely collect your rent, and pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
Trusted by workers from some of the most respected companies in the world