In a picture-perfect setting with its ancient walls looking out across the Adriatic Sea and by Croatia's Dalmation coast, Dubrovnik is a wonderful city for digital nomads to choose for their coliving and coworking adventures.
Visitors can enjoy city life and culture in one of Europe’s most scenic locations and go on countless trips to islands and other small seaside towns nearby. Wine tasting tours are also always popular. There is a reason Dubrovnik is also called “Pearl of the Adriatic.”
Here are some fun facts about Dubrovnik:
- Only about 43,000 people live in Dubrovnik. The city might be small but it has its own international airport and is extremely well connected.
- The city is also known as Ragusa.
- It’s a city of many ‘firsts’: the world-first pharmacy opened here in 1317.
- The world’s first orphanage opened in Dubrovnik in 1432.
- Dubrovnik was also the first country to end slavery in 1416. At the time the city was a republic!
- The city was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1979. Its old town was built in the 13th century and has remained almost unchanged since then.
- George Bernhard Shaw called the city “heaven on Earth”.
- Until 1472, Latin was the official language of Dubrovnik.
- From 1205 to 1358 Dubrovnik was ruled by Venice.
- Every year the Dubrovnik Summer Festival provides 24 days of culture with many plays, concerts and other events.
- Saint Blaise is the city’s patron saint and he is celebrated with parades that last several days.
- There are several public beaches as well as private beach clubs. Visitors can also take a kayak tour or a romantic cable car ride.
- Scenes from the TV series Game of Thrones were filmed here and there are walking tours around the locations.
Having been a maritime trade center since the Middle Ages, Dubrovnik has always been a very welcoming and open-minded city. Remote workers will find it easy to communicate with the hospitable locals in this trendy tourist destination.
Finding affordable housing in Dubrovnik can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Dubrovnik. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Dubrovnik for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Dubrovnik is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Dubrovnik? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Dubrovnik is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - Learn more
We background-check each host before they list with us.
We pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
All card and bank transactions are
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
Trusted by remote workers from some of the most respected companies in the world