Rijeka is Croatia’s third city and not as popular with tourists as Dubrovnik or Split. This makes it the perfect location for coworking and coliving while exploring the ‘real’ Croatia.
Remote workers can relax during a night out on the Korzo promenade, while away their weekends on the many clean beaches or head into the mountains to ski!
Rijeka is a laid-back seaside town where long-term and short-term visitors can escape the frantic pace of life of Europe’s bigger cities. However, Rijeka is lively all year round, not just during the tourist season and has a good nightlife.
Here are some fun facts about Rijeka:
- Fewer than 130,000 people live in Rijeka.
- Rika is the European Cultural Capital 2020 and it presented itself as a “Port of Diversity.”
- Trsat Castle with its views across the Rjecina Gorge is one of the most romantic locations in Rijeka.
- The two main roads here are both one-way streets and traffic can be a bit manic.
- Rijeka was the cradle of Croatian rock and later punk music. It once had the biggest underground nightclub in all of ex-Yugoslavia. Every summer, the city still hosts several music festivals.
- The local bura wind can be very strong here, meaning that umbrellas are quite useless in Rijeka, but there are many beaches to go windsurfing!
- Croatia’s first sanatorium was opened in Rijeka.
- Rijeka’s carnival is almost as popular as that in Venice and has been held every year since 1982.
- The Alfa Romeo Aerospider was designed here in 1937.
- Today the city also has a fun Museum for Retro Gadgets.
Remote workers will find Rijeka a very friendly and liberal city. Coliving and coworking are good ways to make local and international friends here. However, local jobs can be sparse and many local young professionals have headed out to bigger cities in search of employment.
Finding affordable housing in Rijeka can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Rijeka. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Rijeka for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Rijeka is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Rijeka? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Rijeka is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - Learn more
We background-check each host before they list with us.
We pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
All card and bank transactions are
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
Trusted by remote workers from some of the most respected companies in the world