The capital of Estonia is easily one of the most beautiful cities in Northern Europe and a welcoming coworking and coliving destination.
Once visitors enter the old medieval town center through the Viru Gates they are greeted by costumed locals and taken back in time.
The quaint port town is perfect for long-term or short-term visitors who want to live in a quiet location close to nature. Just 50 miles south of Helsinki, it is easy to explore Northern Europe from a coliving base in Tallinn.
Here are some fun facts about Tallinn:
- About 440,000 people live here.
- Until the 20th century, the city was known by its German name "Reval.”
- Many free walking tours are a good way to explore the city.
- If visitors don’t want to walk, public transport is free across Tallinn.
- A walk along the Tallinn Tower Wall with its 20 towers is one of the most romantic ways to spend an afternoon here.
- Tallinn used to be part of the Hanseatic League and grew as a major trade hub during that time.
- Tallinn’s old town center is very well preserved and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Toompea Castle was built in the late 18th century and the castle and its grounds can be visited.
- Trendy Telliskivi Creative City is a must for remote workers in the arts and media. Its many converted warehouses are now all covered in street art and there are many event venues as well as cafés, boutiques and restaurants here.
- Tallinn’s Christmas Market was voted the best in 2019.
- Kalamaja, also known as Tallinn’s hipster town, is one of the best places in the Baltics to go and explore Nordic cuisine.
- Skype and Transferwise were both founded in Tallinn.
Those who choose trendy Tallinn for a coliving destination will find plenty of opportunities in this city with the highest number of start-ups per capita in all of Europe.
Finding affordable housing in Tallinn can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Tallinn. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Tallinn for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Tallinn is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Tallinn? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Tallinn is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - Learn more
We background-check each host before they list with us.
We pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
All card and bank transactions are
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
Trusted by remote workers from some of the most respected companies in the world