One thing that makes New Zealand a must-visit for digital nomads is how it's a perfect balance between an outdoor wonderland and a thriving metropolis. Auckland is a testament to these extremes which is why it is becoming a popular coliving destination.
While there are numerous natural landscapes and adventurous activities worth trying in Auckland, it’s also the most populous area in the country and is one of the most dynamic cosmopolitan cities in New Zealand.
Coliving in Auckland is also a great idea as the city is often ranked as being one of the best places to live in. From 2006 to 2008, Auckland ranked 5th for quality of life. In fact, it placed 3rd in Mercer’s 2019 Quality of Living City Ranking!
As for the top sights to see, you shouldn’t miss the Sky Tower. It’s considered as one of Auckland’s skyline staples. Dinners, bungee jumping and getting a panoramic view of the city are just some of the things you can do in this spot.
For a more nature-centric destination, Piha Beach is just 45 minutes away from the city center and it’s famous for being a surfing spot. Mount Eden, a verdant and grass-covered dormant volcano, is also one of Auckland’s top attractions. Many go on an afternoon stroll around to catch majestic panoramic views of Auckland.
Fun facts about Auckland:
- There are 50 volcanoes in Auckland but most of them are extinct
- Auckland has the largest Polynesian population in the world
- The city’s second name is “City of Sails”
- Auckland attracts many sailing enthusiasts because of its two major harbors are surrounded by boundless water vistas
- Auckland used to be the capital of New Zealand back in the 19th century
- About 1.4 million lives in Auckland
- Auckland’s Sky Tower is the tallest man-made structure in New Zealand and is one of the tallest in the southern hemisphere
Imagine that you get to wake up and have all the possibilities the urban center has to offer… all while still having easy access to different adventures waiting for you? It’s every remote worker’s dream and it definitely earns Auckland a spot in every digital nomad’s bucket list as a coliving destination!