Graz is a fun and welcoming city with a large student population and many local and international young professionals who also the coworking and coliving spaces that have become trendy recently. They are becoming more and more important as living space is limited in Austria’s second-largest city.
Living costs in Graz are slightly lower than in Salzburg, Vienna or Innsbruck. Graz is very green with many parks and from the Schlossberg – English: Castle Hill – remote workers can enjoy a calming view of the city after a long day.
Here are some fun facts about Graz:
- Fewer than 300,000 people live in Graz.
- The name Graz comes from the old Slavic word gradec, which means “small castle”.
- Graz has one of the highest student counts in the world and so it has a lot of cultural events and a good nightlife.
- Nicola Tesla studied electrical engineering at one of the local universities here.
- The Slovenian town Marburg is just 31 miles away and well worth a visit.
- Graz has more sunshine and less wind and rain per year than Vienna and Salzburg.
- The Graz Historic Center has been a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1999.
- The city is the Austrian automobile industry hub and Peugeot builds its RCZ sports coupe here.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger was born in the small town of Thal, just 2 miles west of Graz.
- Kunsthaus Graz is a stunning, blue contemporary art museum that is a must-see and a piece of art in itself.
- On Murinsel, the artificial island in the city, digital nomads can relax in a tranquil café with a view of the Mur River. There is even a theatre on the island!
Remote workers can make use of the many coliving and coworking facilities in this historic and picturesque town and explore its Austrian and Slovene history while making valuable contacts.
Finding affordable housing in Graz can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Graz. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Graz for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Graz is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Graz? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Graz is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - View guarantee
We background-check each host before they list with us.
If you spot the same room cheaper elsewhere, we'll match that price.
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
We securely collect your rent, and pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
Trusted by workers from some of the most respected companies in the world