Coliving is a modern form of shared housing for like-minded people to live, work and play together. Fully furnished, specially-designed living spaces create an inspiring environment for people to interact and share experiences.
The biggest value of joining a coliving space is access to the community.
Looking for a month to month lease?
Coliving spaces don’t force you into a yearly contract, they offer flexible short term rentals with leases starting from as short as even a week.
Coliving.com is the #1 discovery and booking platform for Coliving homes around the world.
The ‘City of ‘Gold’, Johannesburg, fondly called ‘Jozi’ or ‘Joburg’ by locals, is a popular location for tourists. The effervescence of the city combined with the friendliness of a smaller town makes Joburg an increasingly enticing place for digital nomads wishing to stay in coliving spaces. Wi-Fi and Internet reliability, lovely weather and amiable people, make it a great destination for nomads. Sightseeing here is spectacular. No matter what you like, be it culture or history, adventure, natural habitat and mountains - it is all here. Food is of high quality and economical through the restaurants might not be as lavish as Cape Town. Shopping, entertainment, movie theatres, casinos, bowling alleys, amusement parks and comedy clubs are all available here - helping to balance the work/play aspect for the nomads wishing to colive in this city.
Fun Facts about Johannesburg:
- Has the largest hospital in the world with 3000 beds known as Chris Hani Baragwandth
- 40% of earth’s human fossils are here including ‘Mrs. Ples’ one of the most perfect pre-human skulls ever found
- Two polar bears one from Canada and Japan each are also residents here
- Called ‘The City of Gold’ or ‘eGoli’ because of its beginning as a gold mining town in 1886
- An egg takes one minute longer to boil in Johannesburg than it does in coastal cities of Cape Town and Durban because it is 2000m above sea level
- Largest man-made forest with more than 10 million trees
- The biggest and most developed economy in South Africa
The vibrancy, climate and welcoming nature of Johannesburg make it a popular destination for nomads wanting to stay in coliving spaces here. Despite what people think, this place is pretty safe apart from petty crime – just be aware of your valuables and don’t carry too much cash on you. For sure, the city is fast becoming a thriving coliving hub.