Trendy Toronto, with its thousands of startups, massive foreign population and high Internet speed is a dream destination for anyone who wants to work remotely. Coliving is generally on the rise in Canada – people enjoy the safe, social, sustainable and secure community spaces and is especially true in the business and finance hub Toronto.
From maple syrup to poutine, from urban landscapes to breathtaking nature and from hockey to performing arts, Toronto serves every taste. It has been keeping its spot in North America‘s top five most livable cities for years. With its location at the Great Lakes, bordering the USA, it is well connected to other large cities and metropolises. The city invests in its infrastructure and is full of coworking spaces. To all of this, add the low corporate tax and high business freedom and it won‘t surprise you how attractive this tolerant city is to foreign investors.
Here are some fun facts about Toronto:
- Toronto is not the capital but with 2.7 million inhabitants is Canada‘s largest city.
- Toronto is popular amongst lovers of film and theatre.
- Hollywood actors Jim Carrey (Ace Ventura, The Truman Show) and Keanu Reeves (Speed, The Matrix) both spent their youth in Toronto.
- The four distinct seasons in southern Ontario all have their benefits. The hot summers and snowy winters are great for outdoor sports while the blooms in spring and foliage in fall are fantastic photo motives.
- The most popular tourist attractions are the CN Tower with its glass elevator and transparent floor and the Eaton Centre, a shopping hub in the heart of Toronto.
- Festivals and parades are distributed over the year and celebrate diversity.
If you are looking for a coliving hub in Canada, make sure to put Toronto at the top of your list.