Vilnius – Lithuania’s multinational capital – is gaining popularity amongst the coliving community and it’s easy to see why.
Not only does it have a booming start-up scene, but it also has the fastest public Wi-Fi in the world. Yes, you read that right, in the WORLD. This is why it’s becoming an extremely enticing destination for coworking and coliving with plenty of options for both. Vilnius has so much to offer including its affordability, vast amount of trendy bars with craft beers, and its stunning architecture. It’s also a short flight to most European countries, and easy access to Lithuania’s large number of stunning lakes and forests. As you explore this historical and multicultural city, you will discover a growing community of remote workers – and an infrastructure that strongly supports their needs. The coliving trend is on the rise here – as the history, culture and nature offer a welcome balance to the work side of life. Whether you are a fan of sightseeing or spending your days trying the latest craft beers, Vilnius will surely make you fall in love. It really is a perfect location for anyone considering coliving in Lithuania.
Here are some fun facts about Vilnius:
- Lithuanian is one of the oldest languages in the world
- Basketball is the most popular sport. Several Lithuanians feature in the NBA.
- There is a group of people dedicated to installing swings all around the city, often changing their locations.
- The capital is relatively small with an estimated population of about 570,00 as of 2018.
- Lithuania declared its independence from Germany and the Soviet Union on 16th February 1918 and celebrates its independence day every year.
- The gorgeous architecture in the Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Before World War II, Vilnius had one of the largest Jewish populations in Europe dubbing it the “Jerusalem of Lithuania.”
- Within the limits Vilnius lies the Republic of Užupis, a community of artists and free spirits who declared independence from Lithuania in 1997. They even have their own constitution, an anthem, a flag, and a small army.
- The city contains the Museum of Genocide Victims; a museum dedicated to showing what life was like during Soviet rule.
- The Hill of 3 Crosses, a monument dedicated to martyred monks, has a bird’s eye view over the city and is a great place to catch the sunset.
What is coliving?
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Vilnius for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Vilnius is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Why book coliving in Vilnius?
Looking for a room for rent in Vilnius? Look no further! Coliving.com offers quality, trusted coliving spaces in Vilnius with all the amenities you need - and we offer them all at an affordable price. Finding the perfect coliving space in Vilnius is easy and convenient. New residents can explore a variety of rooms online and apply for a spot that fits their needs. All coliving spaces in Vilnius include furniture and amenities in the same bill.