Vilnius – Lithuania’s multinational capital – is gaining popularity amongst the coliving community and it’s easy to see why.
Not only does it have a booming start-up scene, but it also has the fastest public Wi-Fi in the world. Yes, you read that right, in the WORLD. This is why it’s becoming an extremely enticing destination for coworking and coliving with plenty of options for both. Vilnius has so much to offer including its affordability, vast amount of trendy bars with craft beers, and its stunning architecture. It’s also a short flight to most European countries, and easy access to Lithuania’s large number of stunning lakes and forests. As you explore this historical and multicultural city, you will discover a growing community of remote workers – and an infrastructure that strongly supports their needs. The coliving trend is on the rise here – as the history, culture and nature offer a welcome balance to the work side of life. Whether you are a fan of sightseeing or spending your days trying the latest craft beers, Vilnius will surely make you fall in love. It really is a perfect location for anyone considering coliving in Lithuania.
Here are some fun facts about Vilnius:
- Lithuanian is one of the oldest languages in the world
- Basketball is the most popular sport. Several Lithuanians feature in the NBA.
- There is a group of people dedicated to installing swings all around the city, often changing their locations.
- The capital is relatively small with an estimated population of about 570,00 as of 2018.
- Lithuania declared its independence from Germany and the Soviet Union on 16th February 1918 and celebrates its independence day every year.
- The gorgeous architecture in the Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Before World War II, Vilnius had one of the largest Jewish populations in Europe dubbing it the “Jerusalem of Lithuania.”
- Within the limits Vilnius lies the Republic of Užupis, a community of artists and free spirits who declared independence from Lithuania in 1997. They even have their own constitution, an anthem, a flag, and a small army.
- The city contains the Museum of Genocide Victims; a museum dedicated to showing what life was like during Soviet rule.
- The Hill of 3 Crosses, a monument dedicated to martyred monks, has a bird’s eye view over the city and is a great place to catch the sunset.
Finding affordable housing in Vilnius can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Vilnius. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Vilnius for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Vilnius is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Vilnius? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Vilnius is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - Learn more
We background-check each host before they list with us.
If you spot the same room cheaper elsewhere, we'll match that price.
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
We securely collect your rent, and pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
Trusted by remote workers from some of the most respected companies in the world