Canberra – Australia’s “Bush” capital – is a charming yet often overlooked city. It is growing as a popular destination for digital nomads, with thousands choosing it for both short-term and long-term coliving stays. Boasting a high safety level and affordable accommodation choices, it’s obvious why it’s quickly become a coliving hub. Canberra has so much to offer – from plentiful charming small art galleries to streets filled with a vast selection of bars and restaurants. You won’t have trouble finding good places to eat, or culture to keep you entertained. There is already a large established community of remote workers – so the chances of social meet-ups and events are very high. Whether you are a fan of the beautiful Australian bush that lies just beyond the city, or exquisite, modern architecture, Canberra will charm you. It really is a perfect location for anyone considering coliving in Australia.
Here are some fun facts about Canberra:
- The city’s name, Canberra, is believed to mean, “Meeting Place.” It’s derived from the ancient Aboriginal word, “Kanberra.”
- Many streets and suburbs are named after politicians.
- Before Canberra was decided upon as the capital, Albury, Tumut, Orange and Dalgety were in the running.
- Marion Griffin had drawn the designs for the city, but her husband took all of the credit.
- The city lies around a man-made lake called Lake Burley Griffin that was filled in 1964.
- Canberra hosts a wide range of festivals every year, from folk festivals to flower festivals.
- The Prime Minister’s home is known as, “The Lodge.”
- The National Gallery of Australia, located in Canberra, holds the largest collection of art in all of the country.
It’s easy to see why so many digital nomads are choosing Canberra as their ideal destination and why there are so many coliving spaces that exist here.
What is coliving?
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Canberra for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Canberra is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Why book coliving in Canberra?
Looking for a room for rent in Canberra? Look no further! Coliving.com offers quality, trusted coliving spaces in Canberra with all the amenities you need - and we offer them all at an affordable price. Finding the perfect coliving space in Canberra is easy and convenient. New residents can explore a variety of rooms online and apply for a spot that fits their needs. All coliving spaces in Canberra include furniture and amenities in the same bill.