Coliving is a community living concept for like-minded people to live, work, and play together. Living spaces are well designed, fully furnished, with incidentals and utilities covered by one bill. Catering to various living styles and tastes, the main value of the coliving experience is access to the community.
Looking for a month to month lease?
Coliving spaces don’t force you into a yearly contract, they offer flexible short term rentals with leases starting from as short as even a week.
Coliving.com is the #1 discovery and booking platform for Coliving homes around the world.
Located in India, Chennai has become an increasingly popular destination for digital nomads seeking coliving options. Chennai, which was previously known as Madras, features an urban beach hotspot called Marina Beach. Its development is impressive: new hotels, cafes, and restaurants coexist with much more ancient elements of this popular remote working hub. In 2015, Chennai was ranked the world’s 43rd most visited city in the world. No fact is so impressive as this one, about its inhabitants: it has a massive expatriate population, making it easy for digital nomads to meet new people, locate coliving communities, and explore a rich culture with others. It’s also internationally known for excellent food and is considered to produce a high amount of creativity. If you’re a digital nomad with some concern about health issues and expenses, Chennai might be a suitable option for you. After all, Chennai is known as a health tourist destination. Its history is intertwined with European colonialism and you’ll find many English speakers here.
Facts about Chennai:
- It’s great for technology: it is one of 100 cities in India selected to become a “smart city” and is known to be trend-friendly.
- Chennai is a hub of technology and education, home to the University of Madras, Madras Institute of Technology, Madras Christian College, Madras Veterinary College, and the Madras Medical College.
- Chennai is a hot region, sitting near the thermal equator. It’s considered tropical.
- Due to suitable police coverage, crime in Chennai is lower than it is in other cities of comparable population, with only 169 instances of criminal activity per 100,000 people.
- Like architecture? Chennai has stunning buildings in Indo-Saracenic style, art deco creations, and more.
- Chennai is also one of the most ethno-diverse cities in India, making it a fascinating and comfortable hub for digital nomads.
Coliving in Chennai is like being on a vacation all year. Enjoy views of beautiful Hindu temples and experience year-round beach living as you balance your work and social lifestyle.