Kolkata – the second largest city in India – is an internationally recognized destination. It is well known as being an affordable destination for digital nomads, with thousands choosing it for both short-term and long-term coliving stays. Boasting fast Wi-Fi, reliable and elaborate transportation, warm and friendly people, and mouth-watering cuisine, it is no wonder why it's fast become a coliving hub. Kolkata has so much to offer – from a thriving culture and arts scene to some of the best food you'll ever taste. There is no shortage of delicious food that won’t break your bank. Local street food is delicious – so head for the most populated local restaurant and see what the locals are ordering. As you discover this captivating city, you will find an exciting community of remote workers – and a foundation that strongly supports their needs. The coliving trend is well established here and more purpose-built properties are being built here on a regular basis.
Whether you are a fan of India's bright and colorful culture or trying sensational local street food, Kolkata will surely mesmerize you. It really is a perfect location for anyone considering coliving in India.
Here are some fun facts about Kolkata:
- Are you a sports fan? Kolkata is the football hub of India.
- It also houses one of the largest cricket stadiums in the world called The Eden Gardens Cricket Stadium, which seats up to 67,000 people!
- For all of you book worms, Kolkata has the second largest used book store in the world.
- Speaking of which, Kolkata hosts a book fair that attracts 2 million visitors annually.
- Kolkata has many forms of transportations; taxis, metros, cable cars, and even hand-pulled rickshaws!
- Mother Theresa spent a portion of her life here, and it’s considered to be her second home.
- Nestled inside the Kolkata Botanical Gardens is the Great Banyan Tree, which covers a massive 14,500 meters.