Coliving is a community living concept for like-minded people to live, work, and play together. Living spaces are well designed, fully furnished, with incidentals and utilities covered by one bill. Catering to various living styles and tastes, the main value of the coliving experience is access to the community.
Looking for a month to month lease?
Coliving spaces don’t force you into a yearly contract, they offer flexible short term rentals with leases starting from as short as even a week.
Coliving.com is the #1 discovery and booking platform for Coliving homes around the world.
Cologne has been a world city for 2000 years. It is a coworking hub and the perfect place to be coliving as a digital nomad for a few weeks to many months.
Arriving from the airport or another city you leave the train station and there it is, towering over you in its Gothic glory: the cathedral Kölner Dom! Street performers and tourists mingle with the daily commuters who hurry towards their trains. Right here starts Hohe Straße, one of the main shopping streets. It is quite astonishing to see the medieval buildings and glass skyscrapers side by side. Instead of being in the middle of it all, you can go to one of the many viewpoints in the city to see these contrasts from a bird’s eye view. Every district has its own character: industrial, artsy, historic… and then there’s Ehrenfeld - the place for street art and wild parties. Huge congress centers complete the mix that holds conventions for videogames, sweets, technology, and many more – whatever rocks your boat, you’ll likely find it in Cologne.
More fun facts about Cologne:
- Over a million people live in Cologne; it’s Germany’s 4th largest city.
- The ancient Romans pronounced Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium a city in the year 50AD and made it the capital of their province called Lower Germania.
- During the carnival in Cologne, there are parades all day with marching bands throwing candy into the crowd. It is the most important event of the year.
- Ford and Toyota produce cars in Cologne.
- Cologne is a hub for TV and radio production.
- There are currently 32 local breweries in Cologne but back in the 1850s, it was a staggering 100! Kölsch is a special beer variety named after the city’s German name Köln.
Easy to reach, safe, with fast Internet and an English-speaking population that has a reputation as the most humorous in all of Germany: Cologne has a lot to offer as your coliving destination. No wonder it is so popular in the remote working community.