Sofia, the beautiful, historic capital of Bulgaria, has a lot to offer a digital nomad thinking of visiting the city. From ancient Roman ruins to impressive monuments, there’s plenty to see in Sofia, and some cool coliving spaces to stay in while you explore the city. Sofia is a thriving, multicultural city with a rich history. As you wander the attractive, wide boulevards and take in sights like the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the Museum of Socialist Art, and the Sveta Sofia Church, you’ll fall in love with this stunning city. With cheap public transport and a range of coliving and coworking spaces in the city, Sofia makes a great spot for remote workers. The cost of living is reasonable – you can enjoy the
culture of a large, historic, European city without the high prices of Rome or Paris.
Here are some more fab facts about Sofia:
- The city of Sofia has been inhabited since 7,000BC when it was first settled by Thracian tribes.
- Under the Romans, the city was called Serdica. Many Roman ruins can be seen all over the city, like the remains of the old Roman theatre on display at Saint Sofia Church.
- The city was given the name Sofia in the 14th century, and officially became the capital city of Bulgaria in 1877.
- Sofia has tram and bus services, as well as two underground subway lines. It actually took 30 years for the first subway station to be built due to the discovery of Roman ruins in the area. It was finally finished in 1990.
- Sofia is home to the stunning Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, which is one of the largest Orthodox places of worship in the world.
- You can find churches, mosques, and synagogues all in close proximity to each other in Sofia, which is a multicultural and tolerant city.
- Most of the street signs around Sofia are only printed in the Cyrillic alphabet – but as many locals speak some English, you can just ask for directions if you get lost!
- There are thermal waters in Sofia. You can drink the beneficial mineral water at two public fountains at the Sofia History Museum, which used to be the Sofia Central Mineral Baths until 1986.
- Make sure you try the delicious savory pastry, Banichka, which can be found in bakeries all over the city.
Sofia is an underrated and often overlooked spot for digital nomads and remote workers, but it’s definitely a hidden gem. All the better, as the cost of living is fairly low, and you’ll still be sure to bump into some fellow nomadic travelers in the modern coworking spaces, or if you choose to stay at the trendy coliving spaces that have begun to open up around the Bulgarian capital.
Finding affordable housing in Sofia can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Sofia. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Sofia for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Sofia is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Sofia? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Sofia is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - View guarantee
We background-check each host before they list with us.
If you spot the same room cheaper elsewhere, we'll match that price.
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
We securely collect your rent, and pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
Trusted by workers from some of the most respected companies in the world