The Greenpoint House is in a charming and lively Brooklyn neighborhood, with plenty of coffee shops, restaurants and shopping in the area. If you're ready to explore more of Brooklyn or jet into Manhattan the subway is just around the corner, so commuting is even more convenient. These recently renovated units are beautifully furnished and there's even rooftop access so you can sip some wine while enjoying the view!The house is a recently renovated building with updated appliances, hardwood floors and large windows. The Greenpoint House has three units altogether with large living rooms and rooftop access. All of the apartments are spacious in comparison to your average New York City apartment.
Your room will be move-in ready, just like the rest of the house. There’s no need to even bring a pillow. All of the bedrooms in the Greenpoint House are private and feature full-sized beds, closet space, and enough room so you can feel at home.
Amenities: full-size memory-foam mattresses, memory-foam pillows, shelving, hooks and closets/organizational tools
What’s included with your bedroom in our all-inclusive price:
- Fully furnished
- Recently remodeled houses
- Security : Our Nest systems will allow you to always feel safe at home
- Utilities: You`ll never have to "pay the bills" again. This includes gas, water, electric, and WiFi
- Cleaning and maintenanceThe Greenpoint House in only a few short blocks from the East River in Brooklyn, nestled among restaurants, coffee shops and a collection of cozy brick apartment buildings. The nearby waterfront is scattered with green spaces and high rises, or you can opt to explore the neighborhood’s historic Polish shops and eateries.
The typical people who live in our spaces are between the ages of 21 and 35; around half are international members and half are American; about 30 percent are students (undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, or short-term programs); and 70 percent are already in their professional fields, from all different professional backgrounds! The gender breakdown changes all the time, but on average it’s 50-50.
Most of our locations are equipped with keypad access and an August Lock security system, although a few use traditional keyed locks. We have Nest security systems in all of our common areas to keep everyone’s valuables safe. These are not monitored, and are only accessed when our members request that we look at them for justifiable purposes (missing items left in common rooms, suspicious activity, etc.). Most of our locations also have lockers for members’ valuables. In addition to the above, coliving provides a unique, unintended security benefit: Because many people are living in the same spaces, there is virtually always someone at home.
The New York Housing Department policy disallows residential properties from placing locks on bedroom doors for fire safety purposes; however, even if we were allowed to put locks on the doors, we are committed to providing safe and secure coliving spaces through trust and mutual respect. Bedroom doors are unlocked because it is a display of this trust and respect; on top of our security systems mentioned above, our members are selected for their appreciation of a safe environment.
Security deposits are refunded within 15 days of departure from our premises. Deposits are returned to the account they were paid with, and this is the only way we are able to return funds. If you have since closed the account that you used to pay the security deposit, contact that bank, explain the situation, and they usually can temporarily re-open the account so you can receive and withdraw the funds.
From our house leaders (who will meet you upon arrival), to the events we hold multiple times per month, our team is dedicated to giving you the sense of community you are looking for, whether in a professional or personal capacity. You may choose to be as involved or uninvolved as you’d like; you are welcome to stay with us either way!
In the era of physical distancing, there’s never been a better time to take advantage of online technology.
Many properties offer Virtual Tours using 3D photos/videos. If you need to see the place, residents or hosts, you may schedule a tour after submitting a Booking Request or the Ask a Question under.
Coliving.com will transfer your rent and deposit to the host 24h after you move in.
The deposit is refunded directly by the host within 30 days of the lease end date.
The deposit will be returned in full if you have no pending charges, and have followed the check-out process.
1) we will request your phone and email address to add you to the remote lock system and to our maintenance portal
2) we will send you links from the e-document sign for the COVID form, the government requires us to collect COVID related information
3) we will request at check in the photo ID from each person that moves into the apartment
4) we may have security cameras in place - in common and public hallways, basements; in shared apartments, we may have cameras in living areas - in the kitchen and living room overlooking the kitchen and living room with 24/7 recording