If you have ever dreamed of coliving in the Arctic or a similar kind of stunning backdrop, then settling in Tromsø is your best bet. Taking in the Aurora Borealis and interacting with the polar seals are just some of the things you can experience in Tromsø as a digital nomad.
As with any traveler, the Northern Lights is a definite must-see. Fortunately, Tromsø’s advantageous location over 300km north of the Arctic circle means that the city is blessed with a view of the Aurora Borealis. If you’re planning a trip around September to April, you’re in luck as you might catch a glimpse!
Another thing that sets the beauty of Tromsø apart is that another natural phenomenon is caused by its unique location—the midnight sun. During summer months, the city experiences 24/7 hours of sun.
And because the city attracts such an international crowd, expect to see a thriving digital nomad community in Tromsø. The coliving and coworking scene will surely make you feel at home, even as you check out the best that Norway has to offer.
Fun facts about Tromsø:
- Lonely Planet recognized Tromsø as one of the best European places to visit back in 2015
- Tromsø enjoys a moderate oceanic climate
- You can experience 24-hour daylight for two straight months in Tromsø
- It’s the 12th most populous city in Norway
- The city has the most number of wooden houses in Northern Norway
- Tromsø is also famous for the Institute of Meteorology
- There are approximately 70,000 people in Tromsø
- Tromsø is northern Norway’s largest city
- It’s the largest fishing port in the country
- Tromsø is a center for Arctic research
- Some of Norway’s most famous artists came from Tromsø’s techno scene
Think an Arctic getaway may be too hard to achieve as a remote worker? Think again. If you’re a digital nomad who wants to witness a winter wonderland like never before, coliving in Tromsø will be an experience of a lifetime.