Coliving is a community living concept for like-minded people to live, work, and play together. Living spaces are well designed, fully furnished, with incidentals and utilities covered by one bill. Catering to various living styles and tastes, the main value of the coliving experience is access to the community.
Looking for a month to month lease?
Coliving spaces don’t force you into a yearly contract, they offer flexible short term rentals with leases starting from as short as even a week.
Coliving.com is the #1 discovery and booking platform for Coliving homes around the world.
Being Saudi Arabia’s main resort city, one can expect that Jeddah has a lot of sights and adventures to offer. While Saudi Arabia as a whole exudes history and culture, you’ll find that Jeddah is mostly known for being a cosmopolitan wonder in this warm country.
Grab a bite at Al Baik, Saudi Arabia’s most famous fast-food chain, while in Jeddah. Locals believe that it’s the best fried chicken in the world and their special garlic sauce is said to be worth coming back for! Malls are also a common sight in Jeddah, especially since the heat can get intense during summer months. The Red Sea Mall is a nice mix between modern and traditional as it even has a historical section within the building.
If culture is something that you’d like to explore, walking along Al-Balad is definitely something that any digital nomad should do. It’s one of the oldest neighborhoods in Jeddah, dating back to the 7th century.
Fun facts about Jeddah:
- Eve, a biblical figure, is said to be buried in Jeddah
- Jeddah houses many art galleries
- The city has a floating mosque
- The Jeddah Tower is currently under construction and it’s on its way to becoming the tallest tower in the world
- As compared to other Saudi Arabian cities, Jeddah retains its pleasant tropical climate even during winter months
- Jeddah is one of the country’s primary resort cities
- This city is the gateway to Mecca, the holiest city in Islam
- It’s the largest city in the Makkah province
- 4 million people are living in Jeddah
- The name Jeddah is believed to originate from an Arabic word that means “grandmother”. This is because it is believed that Eve’s tomb can be found in this city (and she’s considered to be humanity’s grandmother).
Remote workers who’d like to explore the coliving and coworking scene in Saudi Arabia should definitely visit Jeddah. It features modern-day Saudi Arabia while also giving some insight into the country’s culture.