Coliving is a modern form of shared housing for like-minded people to live, work and play together. Fully furnished, specially-designed living spaces create an inspiring environment for people to interact and share experiences.
The biggest value of joining a coliving space is access to the community.
Looking for a month to month lease?
Coliving spaces don’t force you into a yearly contract, they offer flexible short term rentals with leases starting from as short as even a week.
Coliving.com is the #1 discovery and booking platform for Coliving homes around the world.
Dubbed as the holiest city in Islam culture, digital nomads are bound to discover marvelous stories in the thriving city of Mecca. Every corner is filled with religious landmarks and architectural wonders that make it an attractive coliving destination for travelers, regardless of their religion.
One spot every remote worker should visit is the Al-Haram Mosque - the city’s main symbol. The structure was built back in the 16th century and it attracts millions of pilgrims all over the world.
More than the religious destinations, Mecca also houses other tourist spots that are worth checking out. The Jamarat Bridge, for example, is one destination filled with legends and traditions. The Abraj Al Bait, a five-star hotel also known as the Fairmont Makkah Clock Royal Tower, is considered to be one of the world’s tallest towers. It features a lavish design with a touch of Arabic elements and colors.
For those who want to see Mecca’s natural sights, the Al Wahba Crater is a common hiking and camping destination. This volcanic crater fills with water during the wet season, which turns into a salt-pan during the summer.
Facts about Mecca:
- The city is one of the oldest in the world
- Mecca used to be called “Bakkah”
- Mecca was also referred to as “Umm Al Qura” in the Qur’an
- Mecca can be found in the Hejazi region of Saudi Arabia
- It’s the birthplace of Muhammad, an Arab leader and founder of Islam
- Mecca is the holiest city in Islam
- Mecca is the capital of the Makkah region
- Currently, 1.6 million people live here
- The pilgrim to Mecca attracts many people from all over the world and there are two pilgrimages to choose from
- The annual pilgrimages are one of the main economic drivers of Mecca
Coliving in Mecca is sure to be an incredible once-in-a-lifetime experience for anyone who has ever wanted to live and work here.