Want to explore the desert without sacrificing the conveniences brought on by a fast-paced urban lifestyle? Riyadh might be the perfect coliving destination for you.
A city is known for its culture and conservatism, this Saudi Arabian capital has everything a remote worker wants and needs - historical landmarks, towering skyscrapers, and calming parks. Over the years, the city attracted business travelers before they focused on increasing tourism.
Since the city is known for being a bustling metropolis, the coworking scene is thriving in Riyadh. Coliving is made even more fun and convenient as there is a multitude of shopping hotspots to choose from.
If you’re a digital nomad who’d rather immerse himself in nature then trekking the endless valley of Jebel Fihrayn should fulfill your eagerness for adventure! One natural wonder that you also shouldn’t miss is the Red Sand Dunes—a destination where you can go quad biking and make the most out of the desert leisure spot.
Fast facts about Riyadh:
- Riyadh has a large camel market and about 100 camels are sold here every single day
- Riyadh is the largest city in Saudi Arabia
- Riyadh means “the gardens”
- The country’s oldest university can be found in Riyadh
- There are over 4,000 mosques in Riyadh
- 7 million people live in Riyadh
- It’s the political and administrative center of Saudi Arabia
- Riyadh is divided into 14 municipal districts
- Most of Saudia Arabia’s banks and companies are headquartered in Riyadh
- 40% of Riyadh’s population are ex-pats
- Riyadh has a hot desert climate
- Riyadh is the birthplace of Saudi Arabia
Whether you prefer to explore the desert wonderland would rather see what the city has to offer, Riyadh is a must-visit coliving destination for all types of travelers. It gives you many opportunities to learn more about Arabic culture while working online.