La Plata is just one hour outside bustling Buenos Aires, and this quieter city is actually the capital of Buenos Aires province. With its proximity to all that Buenos Aires has to offer, without the noise but plenty of nature, La Plata has much to offer to long-term or short-term visitors looking for a coworking and coliving adventure.
It was one of the first planned cities in Argentina and while its system of blocks of six can be repetitive, every six blocks there are also parks, making La Plata one of the greenest cities in Argentina!
Here are some fun facts about La Plata:
- About 800,000 people live in La Plata.
- It was once briefly known as Eva Perón City.
- Visitors should try wild chaura berries that were once a staple for the indigenous population.
- Sorrentinos are another delicious local food that resembles extra-large ravioli but was invented in Argentina.
- One of La Plata’s nicknames is “City of Diagonals” because of its confusing road system.
- Another nickname is La ciudad de los tilos, or city of linden trees, after the many trees that line said confusing, diagonal roads.
- The Museo de La Plata is one of the best natural history museums and a must-see during a visit to the city.
- The city's design and architecture are rumored to hold a lot of Freemason symbolism.
- Many digital nomads try hang-gliding just outside the city, where airplanes will tow daring visitors.
- The Cathedral of La Plata in La Plata, Argentina, is dedicated to the Immaculate Conception and one of the best examples of neo-Gothic architecture in Latin America.
- For modern architecture, there’s the only house Le Corbusier built in Latin America.
La Plata is the perfect city for a museum- and nature-loving nomads, who enjoy getting work done in a quieter coworking and coliving setting.
Finding affordable housing in La Plata can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in La Plata. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to La Plata for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in La Plata is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in La Plata? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in La Plata is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - Learn more
We background-check each host before they list with us.
We pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
All card and bank transactions are
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
Trusted by remote workers from some of the most respected companies in the world