If coliving in a city that’s an eclectic mix of culture and nature sounds appealing, then Islamabad should be your next destination. Being Pakistan’s capital, all the city’s conveniences are also within easy reach.
For location-independent workers who want to visit Pakistan at a slow and leisurely pace, Islamabad is the perfect choice as it’s known for its tranquility. It’s also one of the country’s safest places, so solo travelers who look forward to a change of scenery can rest assured about their security.
Museums can be found all over the city. From photo museums to wax figures, prepare to be amazed at the city’s short yet vibrant history. If city scenes aren’t something that takes your fancy, hiking trails are also abundant throughout the city. You will be sure to take in the country’s best views, whether you choose the easiest or most challenging routes.
The best thing about Islamabad is that the city is well-structured and was built with a grid plan during the ‘60s. Each sector has its own commercial center and if busy city life bothers you, malls and shopping spots are segregated from residential areas.
The coworking scene is also flourishing in this idyllic capital. This makes it a great place for digital nomads who want to try coliving in a place where they get to connect with local and worldwide travelers.
Fun facts about Islamabad:
- Islamabad was founded in 1960
- Even though Islamabad was only founded a few decades ago, the city has one of the earliest known Asian human settlements
- The earliest artifacts found in Islamabad dates back to more than 500,000 years
- The city’s official language is Urdu. Pashto, Punjabi, and English are also commonly spoken in Islamabad
- Islamabad is one of the world’s top exporters, known for exporting goods such as rice, linens, cement, and wheat
- The city houses the fourth-largest mosque in the world
- Islamabad is the political seat of Pakistan
- It’s the ninth-largest city in Pakistan
For remote workers who want a different kind of adventure, then taking in the lush views and culture-rich shopping spots of Islamabad may just be your ideal day-to-day activity during your coliving experience here.