Kitchener is the ideal coliving destination for those looking for a cute Canadian city with a relaxed, small-town vibe. Its strong European heritage can still be felt today. The world's largest Oktoberfest outside of Germany is held here.
Like almost everywhere in Canada, it is easy to get out of the city into pristine nature. The Huron Natural Area is just one of many where remote workers can relax after a long day of coworking, and choose one of 7 treks to enjoy the great views and maybe spot some local wildlife.
Hamilton and Lake Ontario are also less than a three-hour bus ride away.
Here are some fun facts about Kitchener:
- About 230,000 people live in Kitchener, and the locals are called Kitchenerites.
- Kitchener was called Berlin until 1916 as many German-speaking Pennsylvania Dutch Mennonites settled here from 1803. Today Kitchener still has a strong German heritage.
- The city also follows a continental street design. In Doon Heritage Village visitors can travel back in time and experience life as it was here in 1914.
- Because it is so close to nearby Waterloo and Cambridge, the three cities are also sometimes referred to as the Tri-Cities.
- Kitchener has warm and humid summers and very cold winters.
- Traditionally a manufacturing town, today Kitchener has diversified into other industries.
- The University of Waterloo’s School of Pharmacy is here in Kitchener.
- Many festivals are held in Kitchener every year including the theatre festivals, the Kitchener Blues Festival, a children’s festival and of course, given that 22% of the population identify as ethnically German, the Oktoberfest with over 700,000 visitors each year.
- There is also a fun museum just for kids and a ski resort that is open all year round.
- The same team that created New York’s Central Park designed Kitchener’s Victoria Park.
Its interesting history and culture and easy access to the great outdoors are why many remote workers make Hamilton their coworking and coliving home.
Finding affordable housing in Kitchener can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Kitchener. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Kitchener for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Kitchener is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Kitchener? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Kitchener is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - Learn more
We background-check each host before they list with us.
If you spot the same room cheaper elsewhere, we'll match that price.
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
We securely collect your rent, and pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
Trusted by workers from some of the most respected companies in the world