Fast and stable Internet, great air quality, safety, cleanliness and the welcoming aura of the capital of Canada, Ottawa, makes it deeply loved by the digital nomads and a popular destination for those seeking a coliving environment. Coliving hubs have been thriving in Ottawa recently. Massive gardens, green parks and wide-open spaces help bring solace from the routine work life. Language exchange and cultural meet-ups help people from across the globe mingle and share. What could sound better than drinking in the breath-taking splendor of the landscapes
while having exquisite butter tarts? Ottawa demonstrates the pristine and well-preserved nature remarkably, with a fantastic blend of culture, history and stunning landscapes. If you fancy some outdoor activities, it’s easy to bike, jog or rollerblade along the welcoming city paths of Ottawa. The ample number of walking tours can be found here as well as festivals including Bluesfest and Chamberfest, International Animation Festival, International Children Festival (May-June), Dragonball Boat Race Festival and Folk Festival (September). All these activities carry an obvious appeal for both the visiting tourists and the remote workers choosing both short and long-term stays.
Fun Facts about Ottawa:
- The fourth largest city in Canada
- The original name was Bytown
- Chosen by Queen Victoria I 1857 to be the Capital of Canada
- Ottawa means ‘trade’ and comes from the Algonquin word “Adawe”
- Seventh coldest capital in the world
- Summer solstice sees the sunrise at 5.14 AM and set at 8.54 PM while on the winter solstice the sun rises at 7.39 AM and sets at 4.23 PM
- About 25% of residents were never born in Ottawa
- Almost 50% of the population is under 35, making it one of the youngest cities in Canada
- 35 major festivals are celebrated with the Canadian Tulip Festival, held every May, is the most famous.
- Ranked as the fourth cleanest city in the world
- Rideau Canal is a UNESCO World heritage site
- Tobogganing is the popular pastime on plenty of hills
- It’s largest skating rink, the gorgeous Rideau Canal, flows through the city and freezes during winter
- Despite being the capital, it offers the lowest cost of living in Canada
There could be no office better than the one amidst beautiful nature. The stunning nature, reliable transport system and numerous coliving opportunities attract nomads from across the world to Ottawa.
What is coliving?
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Ottawa for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Ottawa is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Why book coliving in Ottawa?
Looking for a room for rent in Ottawa? Look no further! Coliving.com offers quality, trusted coliving spaces in Ottawa with all the amenities you need - and we offer them all at an affordable price. Finding the perfect coliving space in Ottawa is easy and convenient. New residents can explore a variety of rooms online and apply for a spot that fits their needs. All coliving spaces in Ottawa include furniture and amenities in the same bill.