Milan, Fashion Capital of the World, is also on trend when it comes to offering coliving spaces. Digital nomads enjoy how well connected this northern Italian city is through its international airport and train station. Other cities in Italy and Switzerland are only a few hours away. Coworking spaces in Milan are among the best in Europe and offer much more than just a desk, should you wish to work in a different location every so often.
In line with the artistic nature of the city, facilities for freelancers are beautifully designed. The Internet speed in Milan is appropriately fast and there are about 500 public Wi-Fi spots. The international atmosphere, established by the fashion industry and university students, enables foreigners to get by in the city with just speaking English. Fashion Week and numerous trade fairs bring in thousands of fascinating people each year, and there are sure to be many meetups and events to connect you with like-minded individuals.
Some more facts about beautiful Milan:
- 500 fountains supply 6 million visitors and 1.3 million inhabitants with drinkable water as well as the city with its second nickname.
- Milan is home to Leonardo da Vinci‘s Last Supper wall mural.
- At the Piazza del Duomo, you find Milan‘s gothic cathedral, side by side with the 19th-century shopping temple Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.
- Milan‘s architectural beauty includes the famous opera house, La Scala,
- Surrounded by beautiful nature, Lake Maggiore, Lake Como and the seashore at Cinque Terre are absolutely worth a visit.
- In the church San Maurizio di Monastero Maggiore, there‘s a painting with two unicorns entering Noah‘s Ark.
- The Italian food here is of course delicious. The diversity-loving Milanesi has restaurants with cuisines from around the globe to add some variety. In the Lombardy region, there‘s a total of 57 restaurants holding at least one Michelin star.
All of this makes Milan the perfect location for a creative digital nomad‘s next European coliving choice.