Nice is a delightful city for remote workers who want to be coliving with a view. The popular vacation destination at the French Riviera turns heads with the deep blue sea on one side and the Maritime Alpes on the other.
The beauty of its beaches, baroque, and belle epoque architecture has been attracting travelers for centuries. British tourists declared the city a trendy destination in the 18th century. In the 19th century, Nice turned into a hub for modern artists such as Matisse and Chagall. And now the city has become popular among digital nomads. The mild Mediterranean climate, characteristic and vibrant old town and the providential mix of Italian and French culture make you want to stay forever. Connect with the community of like-minded remote workers in one of the coliving spaces, utilize coworking to access a conference room - you will find Nice to be the perfect location for your unique lifestyle.
Here’s what to know about this Nice:
- 340,000 inhabitants make Nice the 5th most populous city in France.
- The busy airport is nationwide only topped if you fly to Paris.
- The old town Vieille Ville is already colorful because of its facades, but on top of that gets decorated with blossoms at the traditional Provençal event Marché aux Fleurs.
- Nice dates to 350BC when the Greeks named the settlement after their goddess of victory, Nike.
- A terrorist attack in 2016 took the life of 86 victims at the Promenade des Anglais.
- The proximity to Italy results in delicious ice cream at many corners; the proximity to Monaco in regular sights of private helicopters and sports cars.
- At the Parc de la Colline du Château (Castle Hill) you will find medieval ruins, a waterfall, a playground, a cemetery, and, of course, spectacular views.
- Place Masséna marks the city center and the beginning of the famous shopping street Avenue Jean Médecin.
- The famous Fashion designer Yves Klein was born in Nice.
- The city is walkable, bicycle-friendly, and has a variety of public transport options.
Add fast Internet to the list of things to love about Nice and you have the perfect recipe for a coliving hub that will fully satisfy a digital nomad’s desires.