We provide end-to-end co-living services to tech startups, entrepreneurs, digital nomads, freelancers, remote workers, professionals, students, and anyone looking to move to NYC. More importantly, we created a community that offers both general and professional networking, which personally benefits all members.This coliving space is conveniently located just a 10-minute walk from Brooklyn College, on the neighborhood’s main thoroughfare. It’s an 8-minute walk from the Newkirk Ave. stop on the 2 and 5 trains, and a 15-minute walk from the Newkirk Plaza stop on the B and Q trains.
You can be in downtown Brooklyn in less than half an hour, and in lower Manhattan in just a few minutes more.
The house is a newly renovated space inside and out, with split-unit heating and air conditioning, updated appliances and hardwood floors. This is a three-story, two-unit home, and each unit comes equipped with a full kitchen and living room, as well as access to a large downstairs common area.
There are two full bathrooms and one half bathroom in each five-bedroom unit, so you’ll never have to wait. The space is designed to feel open and airy, with light colors and large windows to let in plenty of sun. Additionally, two of the bedrooms have access to a large private terrace, a perfect spot for morning coffee or an evening cup of tea.
The space is move-in ready; all you have to do is show up with your suitcase.The Newkirk House is located just a few blocks from Brooklyn College, and is an easy walk from plenty of local restaurants and shops.
Chill Out Area
Cleaning (common areas)
Bed in a 2-bed gender separated room X 2
2 guests · Twin Bed · Shared Bathroom
Air Conditioning · Closet / Drawers · Wifi in Room
2 guests · Full Bed · Shared Bathroom
Desk / Workspace · Wifi in Room · Air Conditioning · Closet / Drawers
The typical people who live in our spaces are between the ages of 21 and 35; around half are international members and half are American; about 30 percent are students (undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, or short-term programs); and 70 percent are already in their professional fields, from all different professional backgrounds! The gender breakdown changes all the time, but on average it’s 50-50.
Most of our locations are equipped with keypad access and an August Lock security system, although a few use traditional keyed locks. We have Nest security systems in all of our common areas to keep everyone’s valuables safe. These are not monitored, and are only accessed when our members request that we look at them for justifiable purposes (missing items left in common rooms, suspicious activity, etc.). Most of our locations also have lockers for members’ valuables. In addition to the above, coliving provides a unique, unintended security benefit: Because many people are living in the same spaces, there is virtually always someone at home.
The New York Housing Department policy disallows residential properties from placing locks on bedroom doors for fire safety purposes; however, even if we were allowed to put locks on the doors, we are committed to providing safe and secure coliving spaces through trust and mutual respect. Bedroom doors are unlocked because it is a display of this trust and respect; on top of our security systems mentioned above, our members are selected for their appreciation of a safe environment.
Security deposits are refunded within 15 days of departure from our premises. Deposits are returned to the account they were paid with, and this is the only way we are able to return funds. If you have since closed the account that you used to pay the security deposit, contact that bank, explain the situation, and they usually can temporarily re-open the account so you can receive and withdraw the funds.
From our house leaders (who will meet you upon arrival), to the events we hold multiple times per month, our team is dedicated to giving you the sense of community you are looking for, whether in a professional or personal capacity. You may choose to be as involved or uninvolved as you’d like; you are welcome to stay with us either way!
In the era of physical distancing, there’s never been a better time to take advantage of online technology.
Many properties offer Virtual Tours using 3D photos/videos. If you need to see the place, residents or hosts, you may schedule a tour after submitting a Booking Request or the Ask a Question under.
Price is per person – stay overnight is single only.
No overnight guest stays.
A security deposit will be collected through a separate invoice.
1) Stay overnight is single only. No overnight guest stays. Price is per person.
2) Wash dishes/kitchen appliances every time after food or drinks, clean the sink of the food remains every time after use.
3) Separate the waste - there is a special container for Plastic, Glass, and Metal ONLY. 4) Turn off lights / TV in the main areas when not in use.
5) Check and turn off oven and gas when not in use.
6) Fridge and Food shelves are divided between guests – please use your designated area, otherwise, if you leave the food outside your area – it can be removed during cleaning.
7) Alcohol – being a health-oriented Club, we recommend minimizing alcohol consumption in our spaces.
8) Don’t leave your staff in the common areas – it can be removed to the special Lost and Found boxes.
9) Quiet hours – 10 pm – 8 am (no loud music, talks, TV… etc.)
10) Smoking/Drugs are not allowed anywhere in our houses.
11) Clean bathroom/toilet after each use and remove any dirt/hair etc.
12) Night check-in (after 9 pm) may be also organized for an extra fee of $30 USD. We can't guarantee check-in between 12:00 am and 9 am, however, if we are able to do it, there will be a $70 late check-in fee.